⚜️Chapitre treize⚜️

Les souvenirs sont douloureux

Memories are painful

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"The what now?"

"The amusement park," I chimed and pointed at his sweater and dress pants. "Change into something more loose fitting. We'll be playing a lot."

Envy looked more confused than he ever was, staring blankly at me with his mouth hung open.

"Go on! Shoo!" I flicked my wrist at him and he reluctantly walked back into his hotel room, mumbling incoherently.

Since I had plenty of time, I could enjoy myself for a while. Just a little while. If I could find anyone anytime before the agreement ended, it was fine.

I just didn't want to find that person this soon.

Soon, Envy walked out in red sportswear, clearly overdoing it, but I just decided to roll with it.

Leaving the hotel, we headed towards the bus stop and got on one that came faster than I expected. It wasn't crowded since it was a working day. We sat on a two person seat at the back and I took out my new phone to search for amusement park attractions.

A grin grew on my face at the images. "So we're riding the roller coaster, gyro drop, gyro swing, pirate's ship, log flume-"

"Hold on," Envy interrupted, raising a hand at me. "First of all, what the actual what? Second, we're there to actually ride on the attractions? What happened to the agreement?"

"We'll get there when we get there," I dismissed him, scrolling through the park attractions on my phone, my mind filled with all the games I could play. "Just follow my map and we're all good."

His eyes fell on the images of the attractions and he scanned them for a while before turning to the window. For the whole ride, he stayed silent, watching the scenery outside while I mentally created a list of attractions and watched videos of them to decide whether or not they were safe to try.

When we arrived at the front gate of the amusement park, a powerful wave of exhilaration hit me and I was barely standing on my two feet without bouncing everywhere. Families, friends, couples and children were crowding the whole place, taking pictures, eating snacks and talking while laughing with each other. The sky was of beautiful azure color and the weather was just perfect for walking around the park.

"First, we're riding the pirate ship," I chirped, pointing at the giant swing attraction, and grabbed Envy's wrist to drag him to the waiting line.

"Wait! What do you mean 'we'?" He protested as we reached it. "Why am I riding it? I didn't agree to riding these."

"You're supposed to be following my map and my map starts with this today," I said, speaking nonsense. "We could find someone, you know?"

"No, I don't know," he sneered but got on the ship with me in the end.

He had his arms crossed during the whole ride as the ship swung from one side to the other, going higher and higher. I, on the other hand, let out screams of excitement when we were elevated higher and higher, adrenaline rushing through my veins as the cityscapes could be seen from up.

I felt alive.

"I understand why daredevils do extreme things when I'm at the park like this," I confessed with a huge smile as we reached our next destination and watched the people dropping from high up in the sky while screaming so loudly.