⚜️Chapitre vingt-et-un⚜️

L'obscurité après le crépuscule

The darkness after twilight

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

Sapphire blue, mystical purple, blazing red and yellow colors mingled in pretty waves up above with the sun setting in the horizon. The sky looked absolutely exquisite today.

My breaths escaped me in dreamy sighs as I let my head rest against my palm, gazing at the divine scenery above me. The twilight often left me charmed, peaceful, and in the clouds.

Whenever I watched the beautiful colors change and swirl during the evenings, I would forget about all the negative thoughts, all the worries and all the pain, even for a while.

Just one look at the magical spectacle had me hoping...

Hoping for better times. Hoping for happier days.

As if lulling me with its beauty, the sky was a fairytale escape whenever I searched for it. And everything would feel less painful after I breathed in its enchantment.

"Ah..." I exhaled a deep sigh. "What should I do...?"

Taehyung was surprisingly changing his attitude towards me, but lately, ever since we ran into Insoo, he was acting more hostile than before. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what was going on in his head.

I couldn't blame him for feeling that way, but I was afraid of what human qualities could trigger. His feelings were enhanced and thus, his urges more powerful.

Was he feeling furious? Envious? Regretful?

All sinners including the Sins held grudges whether big or small. That grudge could blind them.

I wouldn't let anything happen to Insoo even if it meant going against Envy for the rest of my conscious days.

The creaking sounds of my door opening jolted me to turn around. It was Envy. He walked in and closed the door behind him, and I would have nagged him to get out. But when he locked eyes with me, the air was knocked out of my lungs, rendering me speechless.

His eyes were hooded and terrifyingly dark. Dreadful. Wild. Callous. One look was enough to bring anyone down on their knees, gasping and shivering. Alarmed by the sheer intensity, I struggled to hold his stare.

I had never seen him like that before.

For a moment, I questioned if it was really him and not some savage predator out here to murder me in the cruelest way possible.

With my heart hammering out of my chest, I clenched my fists and watched his every move.

"D-Did you need something?"

His pursed lips suddenly broke into an amused smirk as he took slow strides towards me. "Why are you so tense? Like you've seen a ghost or something."

I gulped, trying to calm my nerves as I watched him come nearer and nearer.

"I've never seen you like this before." He stood right in front of me and brought a hand up to brush my hair away from my shoulder before leaning down, hitching my breath. "Like you're genuinely scared of me."