⚜️Chapitre neuf⚜️

Vacances de divorce

Divorce vacation

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"My gosh, what did you do?! Finding someone not envious of Envy? That's impossible!"

With a forced laugh, I placed my hands on Charity's shoulders to have her sit down on my bed. It was endearing how she suddenly appeared in the middle of my room as soon as the news spread. So agitated and distraught, too.

"Kindness! Have you lost your mind?!"

"Saejin," I shouted, grabbing her arms. "It's not impossible! There's bound to be at least one person out there who's not envious of him. I mean, what is he? A perfect man?"

Well, maybe...

She seemingly turned calmer due to my coaxing, breathing quietening, but still looked worried. "And how are you gonna find that at least one person?"

And there it was. The question I was dreading to hear.

Rubbing my nape, I mumbled, "Well, we agreed to travel the world together to find a person... There was this possibility of not finding a person in a single country..."

"Traveling?"

I nodded.

"As humans? You got human qualities like the former Sin of Lust?"

I nodded again with a frown. Human qualities were... quite inconvenient to have...

"Wait... Kindness..."

I hummed.

"Isn't that what you planned to do while you were both alive?" Her eyebrows crashed together in concern. "You once told me that you two planned to travel the world but were never able to do that... Seoyun, are you okay with this?"

My eyes lowered to the floor as the memories crashed down on me. "That's in the past... It doesn't mean anything now... If anything, the trips will be full of anxiety and restlessness for me..."

To be with someone who hated me almost 24/7 was dreadful. Utterly dreadful. What's more, I kept rethinking my agreement with him and ending up feeling worse about his hate towards me.

He wasn't just lashing out at me the last time. He really wanted me gone.

I would never even think about wanting that.

My thoughts went back to the former Envy and Kindness. Maybe the reason Kindness let Envy do whatever she wanted was because if Envy failed to spread jealousy, she would have perished. That love he had for her ended up burning the both of them...

I wasn't going to let something like that happen...

I must repent and have Taehyung freed from his fate and live as he should.

"Still, travelling the world can be fun, right?" I giggled to Charity as she huffed in disbelief.

"I'll be watching over you, you little dummy."

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

"Wait, you did what?!"