⚜️Chapitre sept⚜️

Amère réalité de perdre et de souffrir

Bitter reality of losing and suffering

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"Thank you for visiting us and gracing us with your appearance today, Kindness."

"Yes, we can't thank a sweetheart like you enough for saving us from going astray."

Offering the heaven residents a soft smile, I shook my head. "No. You're all here because you saved yourselves. I don't have the power to do that, it's all you."

"Still, you can't deny that you're an angel, Kindness," a small girl chimed while holding my hand.

Angel...

Beaming at the child, I squatted down and stroked her soft cheek. "You are an angel, too, cutie pie."

She smiled bashfully and ran towards her mother before waving me goodbye.

I bid them all farewells and took off with Charity as she ran towards me and gushed about how adorable the children were to which I agreed wholeheartedly. Still, their overstatements about me were lingering in my mind, having me doubt my existence.

"I don't deserve to be called angel, Saejin... I make people suffer, too," I sighed, trying to find consolation in her as we walked. "To spark kindness in people, I inflict illness and pain to many. Do angels do that?"

She sighed, probably tired that I always ask her questions like this. "It's all about the cause, Seoyun. You never asked to have such power but it was given to you by God, so it must be necessary for you. And hey, you're a benefactor to doctors!"

Charity chortled, causing me to laugh as well. Her laugh was just so pure. Compared to me, she was more angelic. Her looks, her words, her personality... everything was just so ethereal.

"Speaking of, a little bird told me that our Virtues' art teacher had created a new painting," she drawled in a teasing tone, giving me a playful and comical smirk.

That blue bird...

"Fried bird feast sounds great," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

"Spare my baby Temperance," she giggled, but it soon died out as she flashed me an apologetic smile. "Did anything happen after you took that celebrity here? Did you meet him?"

Sighing softly, I looked up at the azure sky free of any other color tainting it. The wide and free expanse allowed me a breather. It was a nice day, but not a nice one for me.

"Nothing new. Envy still hates me. Maybe even more now." The words were heavy as they rolled off my tongue and my heart sank further when I admitted it.

"My son! Where is he?!"

A desperate cry in the distance made us halt in place. One of the heaven residents was shaking Patience with her hands clutched around the girl's wrist as she begged for her son.

"Is that...?"

"Yes," Charity answered with a pitying expression, "her son died recently but he was sent to hell because he sinned."

"I can't accept that! My poor son can't burn in hell! My baby doesn't deserve such cruelty!" The woman kept screaming with tears staining her pained face. "Please bring him to me! I beg you!"