⚜️Chapitre quinze⚜️

La beauté des fleurs de cerisier

Beauty of cherry blossoms

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

Flurries of delicate pale pink petals danced around me to the melodies of the spring breeze. The sweet vanilla like fragrance of the blossoms enveloped me in its warm embrace, lulling me into the beauty I was witnessing.

Cherry blossom season was here.

Elders and kids, families and friends, people from far and wide gathered around the cherry blossom trees, basking in the festival that welcomed a new era of life, reveling in the lavish spectacle of buoyantly blooming flowers. It was the fleeting beauty of them that made this time of the year so special.

Blooming season was enchanting, enrapturing and entrancing. The monumental display of feathery canopies of light pink was such a glorious sight to behold that spread joy throughout. The end of all things dark and cold. The beginning of everything new and warm.

So delicate and so so beautiful...

So overwhelmingly beautiful but so so ephemeral.

Cherry blossoms were the embodiment of life itself... Humans were cherry blossoms because life, too, was fleeting...

It was fragile. It was transient. It was brilliant.

And most of the people, if not all, failed to revel in it like they would with cherry blossoms when life could end anytime.

Every moment was beautiful... perhaps even more than the soft pink petals of cherry blossoms.

A small petal did a twirl in the air before falling gracefully on my palm, and my lips curled up in a soft smile. "Such a pretty color," I cooed, marveling at it.

Cherry blossom viewing festival was such a delightful experience for me. The view, the scent, the chatters of the people around us were simply sublime. The blue sky blanketing over pink landscape was such a perfect combination. It made my fingers itch to grab a brush and paint the whole park on the spot.

Envy handed me a convenience store sandwich from the picnic basket and I thanked him before unwrapping it.

"Look at you being so composed," he sighed, unwrapping his own one. "Let me guess, this is one of your map destinations."

"Of course! Besides, we could find someone from-"

"Okay, okay, I get it," he exclaimed, waving a hand at me. "A little lady said the exact same thing a few days ago before getting into trouble, you know?"

With a tight lipped smile, I continued unwrapping the plastic and ignored his snide remark. Not long ago, I gave up on finding anyone from Korea and we started going from country to country. Time wasn't of the essence, at the moment at least, and I came here to enjoy while I could. With sweetened floral scents permeating the air, the atmosphere was just too pleasant to argue with anyone.

He pushed his flat cap up a little and slightly leaned back to look at the others who were having picnics like us. "The envy of modern Asia... or so they call this country... Great economy, technology, education... Japan seems to have it all, huh?"

"Ac-"

"You're mistaking if you think we can find someone from here," he firmly stated, making me hold my tongue. "Envy doesn't disappear when we go to a different country... same as how bullying certainly doesn't occur in only one school."