Chapter Thirty-one

Dedicated to delouxeon

The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. -- Psalms 34:17 (KJV)

The d-day was here and Posi was a bundle of nerves

The d-day was here and Posi was a bundle of nerves. She checked and rechecked the arrangement, changed the positions of the food stand, rehearsed her Welcome Speech till she had it memorized and couldn't stop wringing her hands.

She wasn't nervous because things were not in place. She was because she hadn't organized an exhibit before and it had been a while since her work was under scrutiny from anyone.

"Posi." She turned towards Funmi.

"Yes."

"Please, stop frowning and go change. It's almost time to begin."

"Yes, I will. I just want to che--"

Funmi interrupted. "You have checked everything like a thousand times now. If you adjust one more frame or move the refreshment table one more time, I will tape your butt to the chair in your office."

Posi laughed. "I'd love to see you try."

Funmi moved towards her with her arms spread wide like she wanted to lift her.

"Okay, okay. I'm going to my office. If you need anything, --"

"We won't need anything and if we do, we will handle it. Óyá, be going."

Posi moved to adjust a frame but Funmi intercepted her movement and glared at her.

"Alright. Alright. I'm going."

Posi shuffled to her office and sat there, whispering words of prayer.

"Abba. I commit this into Your hands. Let the purpose for it be fulfilled. Teach me the words to speak."

She continued to pray for a few more minutes before she began to dress up. Funmi came in at some point to help her with her makeup. After some minutes, she was good and ready to go.

"Osé! See my beautiful friend," Funmi gushed.

Posi twirled around in her burgundy-coloured one-arm-off-the-shoulder jump suit and silver-coloured heels. "Emí niyén (That's me)."

At some minutes to 4pm, Toyin peeked in. "Awwwwn. You look so beautiful."

"I know, right. A certain someone is going to be stunned into silence today," Funmi said, eyes glinting.

Posi raised her brows in question, but Funmi only turned away to continue what she was doing.

"You can come into the auditorium now. Our guests are arriving already," Toyin said.

The Longing|| COMPLETEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara