Epilogue

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
--Ephesians 2:8 (KJV)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: --Ephesians 2:8 (KJV)

Posi was awakened by the sound of her alarm going off. She made yawning noises as she stretched her arms till her fingertips brushed against another warm body. At first, she was startled till she remembered that the warm body belonged to none other but her husband.

Husband. The word still felt surreal to her and even the person too. She gazed at his every feature that had endeared her to him from the beginning. She even remembered saying he had a nice face.

Well, nice doesn't cut it. This is a very handsome face and a more wonderful personality.

They had been married for roughly six months and she was still settling into the married life she knew she had a long time to enjoy. There were days when she wondered why God had blessed her with such a perfect human and she was just grateful for the gift of Tayo. On other days, she had moments when she just couldn't stand being in the same room as him.

Like right now. Tayo's sonorous and rhythmic snoring was one of the first things she had had an issue with. She still did in fact but she was beginning to get used to it. For someone who couldn't sleep where there was noise, she had had to adjust her system to falling asleep to his bass solos every night. Either she slept before he did or she wore ear muffs, which she tried for a few months but stopped because even that was uncomfortable. Now, she just enjoyed him praising God even while he was asleep.

Tayo was such a romantic man and he babied her like she was a freshly laid egg. There were mornings when he made them breakfast after their morning devotion as they prepared for work. It wasn't important that the breakfast was either cereal and milk or sliced bread cut into triangles with different kinds of spread laid out on the table. It was his heart that mattered. And there were days he just sent small chops to her at work and many other little things she was learning to enjoy.

She was still reminiscing when his snoring ceased abruptly like someone had applied the brakes to a car speeding on a highway.

"Hey," he said in that distinctly bass voice of his, with a smile playing around his lips.

She smiled at him. "Hey."

"Why didn't you wake me? It's time for prayers."

"Was just lost in my thoughts for a while. Let's go."

The bed creaked as they both stood and walked a few paces to the lone settee in their room.

"It's your turn to lead us today," he said again.

"Yes, sir."

Their voices rang out in the silent room as they lifted up their voices to worship their Heavenly Father.

********

Tayo had just returned from work and it had been a hectic one for him. However, the joy of coming home to his beautiful wife was enough to wash away some of the tiredness he felt. It was at times like this that he understood why God had made a woman as a companion for man.