Chapter Twenty-three

Dedicated to Tobi Otulana ❤❤

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. --Matthew 18:21‭-‬22 (KJV)

 --Matthew 18:21‭-‬22 (KJV)

Pastor Bee

God's grace and strength be with you as you meet your mum today. Forgiving others is more for you than for that person. Forgiving is what God did for you and I so as to draw us to Him. 

Posi read the text one more time as she prepared to leave her office. 

It was time to see her mum. 

Posi sighed as she cleared her desk for the day. She hadn't even been able to concentrate all day and had gotten nothing done. 

For some days, she had been able to get her mind off the meeting as the day drew closer. She occupied herself with work and she was enjoying nurturing her new friendship. Having forgotten what it felt like to build a mutual friendship, she found this truly thrilling.

But that thrill needed to take the backseat as she had prepared herself for whatever her mum planned to say. If she started with those hateful words again, she would hightail it out of there. She was her mother but she wasn't going to let her destabilize the equilibrium she had finally gotten a hang of anymore. 

Posi took a moment to freshen up and adjusted her glasses. I do not have the spirit of fear. Instead, I have the spirit of love, power and a sound mind. I fear no fear. I am bold as a lion. 

She repeated the words to herself. She said a quick word of prayer before she received a call from her Uber signalling his arrival. She bid Toyin a goodbye and reminded her of her prior instructions before she sauntered out of her studio. 

*****

"Good afternoon, ma," Posi greeted as she went on her knees. She may not have had the best childhood but she was still a Yoruba girl and her home training wouldn't allow her act otherwise. 

"Good afternoon, my darling." Her mother smiled at her as she moved towards her to give her a hug.

Posi stood like a statue; unresponsive. She couldn't remember the last time she received a hug from her mother, warm or not. Posi hadn't bothered to allow it.

But she never tried to give me one either.  

The moment her mum released her from the hug, she scrambled to one of the single chairs in the hotel room. They had decided to meet in her room so as to avoid distractions and so they could also speak freely. The room was a suite with a bedroom and a mini-living room, tastefully furnished with its white walls and beautiful framed paintings that Posi couldn't appreciate at the moment.