Chapter Thirty-two

Dedicated to oluwayanmife__

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. --Romans 8:38‭-‬39 KJV

 --Romans 8:38‭-‬39 KJV

A split second.

That's how long it took for God to change the course of her life. It was a wonder how a life full of hurt and pain, heading for a smooth head-on collision with self-destruction could just find a curve in the road and change course to one of love,  purpose, fulfilment and firm security.

It was just a week after the exhibit and Posi was still thankful to God. It pays off to follow God's leading, no matter how unattainable it may seem. Once He says it and one aligns with it, things begin to work out for good.

She had even received an invitation to speak at an event for teenage boys and girls.

Abba, why does this seem like a set-up? You know how much it took to speak for those few minutes in front of just thirty people. Now I have to speak to teenagers.

She was so sure she heard a rumbling laughter.

But you have to say it's a good set-up. Besides, you're not speaking of yourself. My Spirit will be right there with you.

She sighed. Okay, Abba.

All these and more were the object of her thoughts that morning after her devotion. She glanced at Funmi who was still asleep on her side of the bed. Their hangout was today and they had decided that the girls would prepare the food while the guys would bring snacks and drinks.

As she continued to reminisce on the events of the past week, she moved into her bathroom to prepare.

"Funmi!" She screamed suddenly.

Her friend scrambled awake and looked dazedly from left to right. "What? What? What happened?"

Posi exploded in cackles, which made Funmi give her the evil eye.

"I hope you had your fun."

"The idea came suddenly and I spurred into action. Sorry if I disturbed your beauty sleep but it's time to wake up. You're making the food by the way," Posi said, looking away.

Funmi snorted. "Are you sure you don't want to make your special stir-fry spaghetti for your Tayo, uhn?"

"Ha ha. Very funny. Stand up joor."

"Yes, ma'am." Funmi saluted.

They moved to the kitchen, bringing out ingredients for jollof rice. They worked silently for some minutes before Funmi spoke up again.