Chapter Thirty-four

Dedicated to Purplejeans

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; --Ephesians 3:16 (KJV)

Ephesians 3:15-20.

The one scripture that kept ringing in Tayo's heart every day for the past few months.

He couldn't understand why; he only knew he felt this intense desire to pray for strength. And the only thing he could chunk it up to was the fact that Pastor Toba had been unrepentantly ministering on the believer's need to pray the Pauline Prayers. And Tayo felt he had soaked in the messages so much that he just had to pray those prayers.

Here he was repeating the words of the Apostle Paul and praying it in the spirit. I am strengthened with might by Your Spirit in my inner man.

There was nothing compared to the strength that comes from above, he knew. And there was certainly nothing compared to receiving and having a strength that was incomprehensible on your inside; a strength that would stand even when physical strength fails.

*****

"This is a new picture, right?" GP asked as he pointed at a frame in the living room.

"Yeah. I got it on my birthday." He had a goofy smile which he hid by looking into the freezer for water. Goofy smile because of whom had given him the frame but he wasn't about to tell GP that. He was sure his friend would jump on the first opportunity to tease him about Posi and he wasn't about to dig that hole for himself.

"Those are great words. Anyways, see me back here again after a few months, visiting you. It's indisputable," he paused for effect. "I'm totally a spec."

GP had just arrived so he could attend his dad's birthday. He could have just met up with them in Ibadan but he said he wanted to have some time to visit with him before they travelled.

Tayo stirred the chicken sauce that was cooking before smearing some on his left palm to taste.

"I'm very sure you mean spectacles, yeah?" He returned.

GP shook his head. "Specifications, my brother. Specifications. A thousand-yard worth of husband material."

"You make me laugh," Tayo replied dryly, making an exaggerated show of laughing to which GP scoffed. "Besides, a thousand yards will still get exhausted. So what are you talking about?"

GP crossed his arms on his chest with his right arm under his chin, like one deep in thought. "Hmmm, that's true." He snapped his fingers. "I am uncountable yards of husband material."

Tayo just rolled his eyes. "Food is ready, Spectacles."

"Thank you." He received the food and moved towards the dining area. After a few minutes, he said, "This is delicious. I taught you well."