Chapter Nine

Dedicated to infika❤❤

A gentle response defuses anger, but a sharp tongue kindles a temper-fire. --Proverbs 15:1 (MSG)

"Miss Faleye?" Posi heard a deep voice call to her softly

"Miss Faleye?" Posi heard a deep voice call to her softly. She had really never heard such a voice texture before- baritone but soft-spoken. She lowered her pad to the table and picked up her pair of glasses before slowly lifting her face to the owner of the strange voice.

She saw his shining black-coloured lace up shoes as she accessed his navy blue three-piece suit with a white shirt and black Paisley tie first.

Hmmmmm. He dresses well. And he has a nice face too.

If she was one of those girls that squealed, she would have at the handsome face before her. His brown eyes peered at her through short but thick lashes. For someone with such sharp features, he was so soft-spoken. The smile he sent in her direction reminded her that she hadn't replied his question.

Clearing her throat, she said, "Yes, that's me. I'll take it that you're Mr Sijuade, right?"

"I am," he responded as he extended his hands for a handshake. "Pleased to meet you. And I'm sorry about not showing up at the previous scheduled meeting. Something totally unforeseen came up and I couldn't make it. I'm so sorry again."

He flashed her a smile again as she gestured to him to have his seat.

"Well, things aren't done like that but it's no problem. I was offended and I still was up till some min-," she stopped abruptly as she realized she was letting out way too much information.

And the disarming smiles you have been sending in my direction disarmed my feelings of anger. So...

"Anyways, it's fine. Do you want to order something before we continue?"

****

"Yes, I think I will do that. I haven't had the chance to have breakfast yet," Tayo said as he watched his companion push her pair of glasses up on the bridge of her slightly large nose.

She was truly unconventional as she looked shy and at the same time spoke with an air of authority. However, what did he know? It had been a while since he had looked at a lady long enough to notice her eye colour and Posi's eyes were the lightest shade of brown.

Well well, bros. You're noticing eye colour now?

Shaking out of his thoughts, he beckoned to the waiter that had served him a glass of water on his arrival.

"Would you like something to eat too, Miss Faleye?" he asked politely.

"Ah, no. I'm fine. I had a cup of coffee before you came. I'm good till lunch and you can call me Ayomiposi or Posi," she replied with a small smile.