Chapter Forty

Dedicated to Bellyphant

Find a good spouse, you find a good life— and even more: the favor of God ! --Proverbs 18:22 (MSG)

For many days, Posi pondered on what Tayo had said. It was still hard to think that she'd have to see her dad but she was less angry and more inclined towards forgiving him. But that didn't mean she was ready to face him, at least not yet. She was only beginning to warm up towards the idea that she could see him. 

"And what are you staring into space for? Are the aliens here for you already?"

Posi snapped into the present. "Hmm?"

"Yeah. I can see the little green creatures. They are here for you alright," Funmi continued. 

"What are you even talking about?" Posi asked with her eyebrows furrowed. She had always known that her friend was a strange being, she probably just never knew how much of a weirdo she was. 

Funmi shook her head as she waved her friend off. "You seem not to know that I'm teasing you. You're not making this fun."

When Posi didn't reply, her friend continued. "I know we talked about your dad and all. Is there something else going on?"

After a pause, she replied. "I can't say for sure. I just feel restless is all."

"Okay. If you want to talk about it, know that I'm here for you. Gerald too."

"Thank you, babes." She smiled. "So, what's left for your wedding preparations?"

"Just putting finishing touches to some things. My wedding planner is really topnotch. And I'm thankful both our parents were agreeable on everything. I just really hope nothing new crops up."

"Right. Some brides usually look stressed months to the wedding. You're just chilled like a glass of iced juice."

"What can I say?" Funmi flipped her imaginary hair causing them to laugh. "But seriously, I know I prayed majorly for resources and funds for the preparations. There were some challenges at first, especially with Gerald's mum but it got resolved peacefully. Gerald even gets jealous at the bond between his mum and I. Funny enough, the same is the case with my mum and himself. Sometimes, I even think she calls him more than she does me."

"Well, you have to live with that."

"I know, right. But what a good thing to live with. The only thing giving me concern now is my tummy and the pelvic pain I have been having. It's seems to have just increased overnight. I guess I need to lay off the midnight snacks."

Posi snickered. Adjusting on her seat and holding an invisible microphone, Posi pushed said mic into Funmi's face. "So, how does it feel to become the next bride in a few weeks?"