Chapter One

Dedicated to lovesurroundsme. ❤

Now that we know what we have—Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God—let’s not let it slip through our fingers. We don’t have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He’s been through weakness and testing, experienced it all—all but the sin. So let’s walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help. - Hebrews 4:14‭-‬16 (MSG)

 - Hebrews 4:14‭-‬16 (MSG)

Present Day, 2020

Morning, they say, is always a time to start over and receive renewed strength to keep pushing forward. Well, morning it was but starting over wasn't even on Olatayo's mind neither did he have the strength to move anywhere. All he wanted to do was bury himself in work and that's what was going to happen.

"Good morning, sir," Kazeem greeted as he collected his boss' charcoal black jacket and matching leather bag, before he followed him into the building's elevator.

Adekiitan Olatayo Sijuade.

His names projected authority and royalty. However, he preferred to be addressed by his middle name rather than his first. He wasn't ashamed of it, he just wanted to keep a low profile.

Olatayo kept a full but well-trimmed beard with his normal skin haircut. He made it a point of duty to look sharp everyday and this morning was no different. Dressed in charcoal black trousers, a gleaming white shirt like those worn by actors in Korean movies, teal-coloured striped tie with matching brown belt and shoes, he exuded all that his names projected.

Authority. Royalty.

"Good morning, Kazeem," Olatayo replied as he adjusted his tie and stood ram-rod straight in the elevator. Thankfully, nobody was getting on at any of the floors. Well, nobody could as he always came to work as early as possible. It was just a habit he had picked up while he was in the boarding house since his secondary school days and he couldn't seem to drop it, even as he grew.

"What's my schedule like today?" He asked as he rubbed the silver-coloured band on his ring finger.

"You have the monthly board meeting at 10am. An interview with The Next Shot at 1pm and finally, a meeting with Mr. Coker of Creative Creations to discuss your next photoshoot at 3pm."

"Is that all?" Olatayo asked, with a thoughtful look.

"Yes, sir. That's all of the important meetings for the day. However, your parents have asked that you call them whenever you're free, sir."

Olatayo raised an eyebrow as he hmmmm-ed. The parents were obviously up to something again. Whatever it was, he should probably call them first and hear what they have to say. He sighed and made a mental note to call them.

"Kazeem, please get me a cup of coffee and get the head of H.R for me as soon as he arrives."

"Yes, sir."