Chapter Twenty-eight

Dedicated to SallyMary89 ❤❤

They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. --Psalms 34:5 (KJV)

Tayo read Posi's text message for the umpteenth time that morning and giggled

When did I start giggling? He shook his head at himself. But that didn't stop him from reading it again.

Ayomiposi🌼
Hey, Tayo. How are you doing? Been trying to call you but no response from you. I trust you are okay. Please, call as soon as you are able. Take charge.

Yes, he knew. There was nothing special in the message but the person who sent it was. Too special in fact.

He saw the message and missed call notifications very late the previous day. And he didn't think it was appropriate to call her at that time. So he had sent a text saying he was fine and that he'd call her in the morning.

It was morning and he still hadn't called her yet. Why? He didn't know. I'll call soon.

Tayo knew he had to fix up. He had been seeing the concerned look on Kazeem's face and he was so sure his P.A was one strange behaviour away from fixing an appointment with Dr Tosan.

He stood in front of the window and dialled Posi.

"Hey! How are you? Was just thinking I should call you. Where have you been? Are you good?"

Tayo chuckled silently before responding. "Hi, Posi. I'm good. Sorry for the late response. How are you?"

"I'm good too. Are you sure you're okay?"

The concern in her tone was heartwarming. In fact, he could feel the warm fuzzy feeling settle in his chest region. "Yes, I am. How's work going?"

"Very fine. I have something I'd love to discuss with you."

"Urh, okay." He checked his wristwatch. "I'm not free until about 2 pm. Can you come over to my office? We can even catch a late lunch together."

"That's okay with me. An opportunity to know your office. See you at 2 pm."

"Yes. Just call me when you're about to leave your office. I'll leave instructions with Kazeem to come pick you up."

"Isn't that too much trouble? I could just call an Uber, you know."

"It's no trouble at all. See you later."

"Okay."

After tapping the END icon, Tayo called Kazeem in.

"Yes, sir. You called for me."

"Kazeem, you'll help me bring Posi, I mean Miss Faleye to the office. When it's 1:15 pm, go to her studio and pick her once she is ready to leave. She can wait here in my office while I round up the meeting."