Chapter Three

Dedicated to AlwaysLuCi❤❤

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. --Colossians 4:6 KJV

Posi was beside herself with rage

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Posi was beside herself with rage. The so-called important client just informed her through his P.A that the appointment had been rescheduled.

And not just that. It was done over the phone, when she was already seated at the venue where the meeting was to hold. She had had to adjust her plans for the day after her friends, who she was going to deal with, had dropped an impromptu job in her laps. Now that guy had rescheduled!

"It is not your fault now. I blame my friends," she said speaking to herself after she had ended the phone call. She picked up her bag and sauntered out of the building, all the way making plans on how she will deal with her friends till she got to the Uber she called.

Her demeanour showed that she wasn't interested in any form of small talk and she was glad the Uber driver got the message. She settled into her seat with her eyes closed and tried to calm down. It had been a stressful day for her and she still had things to do. She was jolted out of her rest-like state when the car stopped. She made her payment and alighted from the car, as she made her way to her studio.

"Welcome back, ma. I was just about to close up for the day. I thought you weren't coming back in," Toyin, her receptionist cum secretary asked with a smile on her face. She was tall, at least taller than Posi, with her hair in a full curly weave, which was most likely a wig. She wore a nicely shaped pair of stylish glasses with skinny jeans, a peach-coloured top with puff sleeves on a pair of black sneakers. She was always smiling and laughing which normally got on Posi's nerves at first, but now, she had gotten used to her bubbly personality and tried not to let it get to her. Keyword being 'tried'.

"Something else came up. You can leave, I will close up," Posi replied, not waiting for an answer.

Walking into her office which really was an art room that everyone was banned from except herself. She dropped her bag and sat by the latest painting she had been working on. At first, she had known what she wanted to draw, but as the painting progressed and was coming together, she seemed to lose her vibe. She knew what made her lose that vibe but she didn't even want to think about it.

Sighing, she moved to her swivel chair to sit behind a small desk, which was L-shaped and sort of caged her in since it was against the wall. There was only an opening on the right side. The desk held her Dell laptop and drawing pad, a pen holder which held various types of stationeries, a few sketch books and then a picture of herself with Gerald and Funmilayo on their graduation day.

The trio had been glad to finally graduate after years of learning. Smiling to herself as she remembered the happy days, she felt herself relax for the first time that day.

The Longing|| COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें