Chapter Thirty-five

Dedicated to ayelesah

I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. --Psalms 130:5 (KJV)

Ecstatic couldn't explain how Tayo felt to see his dad reach a prime age

Ecstatic couldn't explain how Tayo felt to see his dad reach a prime age. After all he had put them through as a youngster, he was determined to continue to make them proud of him. His parents had never made him feel like he was the black sheep, even though he exhibited all the signs of being one including his dark skin. They had loved him through all his teenage tantrums and early twenties escapades. His family was one in a billion and he wouldn't trade any of his parents for anything.

He was even happier that his parents and entire family received his friends with so much warmth. He hadn't been expecting anything different but still, he felt proud of them.

Adetutu and his other siblings were especially taken with Posi. Adebisi, the youngest had made himself her personal bodyguard because he followed her everywhere with his hands clasped in hers.

The birthday had held as a 2-day celebration from Saturday till Sunday for the Thanksgiving service and intimate family dinner.

On Saturday, the palace grounds had been filled with people from various walks of life who had come to celebrate with the king. A musical band had kept the party going till the late evening when people began to leave. Of course, there was a lot to eat and drink. Nobody was left out, he was sure because it was a buffet layout. All in all, his dad was all smiles.

His elder brother had arrived on Saturday in time for the party. It had been almost five years since he had last seen him. Prince Adekunle was the first son of the Sijuade royal family. He was also Olori Ariyike's son. Although he wasn't particularly next in line for the throne, he was still the first candidate from their family. They were not raised to be rivals vying for the throne but brothers who looked out for each other.

After the Sunday Thanksgiving service, they all returned to the palace and took some time to rest before the dinner in the evening. Tayo was seated in one of the gazebos with GP and Gerald since the ladies were also having a time out after the very tiring day, when his brother joined them. He chatted with his friends before he asked him for some time alone.

He excused himself and walked with his brother on the palace grounds as the workers greeted them now and again.

"So how have you been?" His brother asked.

"I have been fine, ègbón. How is your family?"

"They are good. Elizabeth is expecting. It's the major reason she couldn't come but she sends her love."

"Beautiful! Congrats." Tayo smiled. He was indeed happy for his brother and his family. His brother had taken just one look at Elizabeth and the rest was history.