Chapter Nineteen

Dedicated to patiencejesus❤❤

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
--John 14:16 (KJV)

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; --John 14:16 (KJV)

"Good morning, Holy Spirit."

The first words out of Posi's mouth as she opened her eyes to her 5:00am alarm.

Good morning, Masterpiece. 

Her mouth widened into a grin when she heard His voice. She reached for her quiet time tools-- her Bible, devotional and played her spirit-filled worship songs playlist.

It had been beautiful waking up each morning with her heart filled with joy and peace, after a good night of sleep void of nightmares or disturbance of any kind. Since this was what it felt like to be regenerated like she had heard in a message she had been listening to, she wasn't ready to let it go. 

She woke up each morning craving to hear God's voice speaking to her. It was so refreshing and different to anything she had ever known. The atheists didn't know what they were missing. 

Of course, they don't. They haven't met this God. If they have, they would be forever changed.

For someone who had questioned Toyin's mental health and the 'spirits' that had spoken to her, she sure was enjoying starting her day with the Holy Spirit. It was such a comfort to know that God wasn't just all around her, He had also taken up residence in her. 

Whoo! Glory! 

Smiling to herself, she covered her mouth as she giggled. She had also become one of those people that shouted for joy at every bit of God-given revelation her spirit received. 

Masterpiece, let's continue before you get late for work. 

Yes, sir! She opened her Bible to the passage of scripture highlighted in her devotional and did her quiet time. 

******

Tayo sighed as he continued the work for the day. He had been signing documents since morning and he was beginning to feel the fatigue.

I should have lunch. 

Smiling, he remembered what had transpired between himself and Posi the previous Sunday. They had gone from zero to a hundred. Or so he hoped. At least, he felt her guard go down a bit before they parted ways.

For one, he was glad he had finally found the courage to remove his wedding band. It had happened at some point during service that Sunday and he felt like he was finally at the point where he could say he was healed of the anguish and pain of Doubra's death. She would still be a part of his story and he'd never forget her. That was for sure.

And the way Posi had looked at him sure reminded him of her...

Tayo had no doubt that he was a full-grown man but the look Posi sent his direction made him feel like a five-year-old. She looked at his hand on her shoulder and looked back in his eyes with her left eyebrow arched so sharply that he thought it would be able to pierce through a stone. And then back at his hand still on her shoulder.