Chapter Six

Dedicated to Walking-Universe ❤❤

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. --John 3:17 (KJV)

It had been one week since Posi's meeting with her client had been cancelled and she had even forgotten about it

It had been one week since Posi's meeting with her client had been cancelled and she had even forgotten about it. She moved around her office to put things in order from her latest painting. She was so sure her drawing pad had suffered a lot in the past week as she had painting after painting to do. It seemed like the season was filled with people that wanted to do a painting of their loved ones.

She wasn't complaining because it was good for business but her shoulder and wrist were definitely complaining. The pain was becoming almost unbearable and she didn't want it to reach a stage where she wouldn't be able to use her hand. She made a mental note to go see Gerald as soon as she could.

What was he a Physiotherapist for if he couldn't treat her?

She smiled as she tried to picture Gerald's expression if she said that to his face. He would probably just give her the stink-eye and call her a goof.

She heard a knock followed by the opening of her office door as Toyin walked in with her ever-present smile plastered on her face. "Good morning ma'am. You look beautiful, as usual."

Posi shook her head as she sent a small smile her way.

This child.

"Good morning Toyin. Thank you." She turned her attention back to arranging her table before she sat down. "Anything?"

"T.D Corporations called to set up a date and time for the meeting with the boss. They apologized for just reaching out and asked to get back to them if that day is fine," Toyin reported still smiling.

Posi was almost irritated again with the peaceful aura she exuded. She shut her eyes as if the glow was too much for her eyes.

Gosh! Can she tone it down? She doesn't need to rub her trouble-free life in my face. And these ones are just calling, after one week. This is my life.

"Ma'am?" Posi heard.

"Uh, okay. What day did they propose?"

"The 20th of this month by 10am. That's in three days time, on Monday. The venue is The Kerrington Towers ma'am," Toyin responded as she shut the handy notepad she had read out from.

"Hmm. Okay. That day is fine. You can let them know that I'll be available." She turned to her laptop as if to say "You can leave now" to her assistant. However, she noticed that Toyin still stood before her table, smiling like she had just won the lottery.

"Yes? Is there any other thing?"

It is amazing how we can say one thing and still communicate another different thing non-verbally. Posi's tone showed pure disinterest and if it was anyone else, they'd have taken the cue.