Hey I'm sorry about that

Warnings: mentions of rape
Word count: 833
Request for @Rockstarwild

I stand in my new bedroom, ready to unpack boxes. I'd just moved from Colorado and now I'm in a completely new place. I didn't know anyone here, let alone how to get around and what school I would attend.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door, seeing my mom enter.

"Hey sweetie. The neighbors are really nice I've just met them. I invited them over for tea later. There's a boy about your age too and he'll be coming over so you better be nice." She smiles and leaves

The last thing I wanted to do on my first day is meet new people. Not to mention my new found fear of teenage boys because before I left Colorado, I'd been raped.

Eddies POV:
I sat in my bedroom, plucking away at my guitar. My mom enters.

"Hello Edward, we're going to the new neighbors tonight and your coming along." She shut the door

"But-." I try to protest but she had already gone

It's not that I didn't want to meet new people or anything, but I just wanted to practice guitar. Not have tea with the neighbors. Great now I've gotta get ready. Ugh.

Y/n POV:
I finish unloading a box, storing everything away. I look to my clock and see it's almost time for tea with the neighbor. Great.

I get ready, throwing on a longish black floral skirt and red crop top and black converse. I quickly touch up my makeup and hair and use some extra perfume. I throw on a black leather coat that fell at my mid thigh.

I looked in the mirror, taking a deep breath. I wasn't usually great at meeting people. I'm really shy and on top of that I've been paranoid lately.

I walk downstairs, hearing the neighbors talking with my mom. I sigh. I enter the living area, my mom smiling upon my entrance. She notices my shoes and outfit.

"Going somewhere?" She asks

I shake my head. I quietly introduce myself to the neighbors.

"I'm y/n it's nice to meet you." I say shyly

"I'm Mrs. Van Halen and this is my son Edward."

"You can call me Eddie." He says cooly

He wears brown leather flare pants and a nicely fitted striped button down shirt.

My mom hands out teacups to everyone. Both moms converse while I manage to slip into my bedroom.

"Eddie why don't you go upstairs and talk to y/n, maybe you'll like her?"

I sit in my room, unpacking boxes and putting things away. I hear a knock on my door, sighing I get up to answer it.

I open the door to see the dark haired boy Eddie. I let him in, without saying a word. He sits in a chair, observing his surroundings.

"So...you like Pink Floyd?" He motions to the poster

I nod, a small smile on my face. I start to unpack again.

"You don't talk much do you?" He asks

I shake my head no, rolling my eyes.
I start to fill a crate with some records that had been packed away.

"Look y/n I don't wanna be here either but your not making it any easier." He politely says

I didn't know what to say. Maybe if I'm silent he'll be silent? But when has that ever worked.

"Well what do you want me to say?" I reply

"So you do talk?"

"Only sometimes." I raise an eyebrow

"I used to be like that you know? My mom always asked how I was gonna get married if I didn't talk." He says

I roll my eyes again, sorting a few cassettes.

"So are you gonna be like the shy kid in school? You know the quiet one that never says anything and never talks to anyone and doesn't have any friends?"

I ignore him.

"Do you think you'll get asked to prom?"

He kept asking questions. I never replied, just listened. Soon enough he left, leaving me at peace. I started to question if I'd be lonely my whole life. Eddie was probably right I mean if I'm just silent, I'll get taken advantage of, again.

The next day, I found a park. I sit against a tree, writing some poetry. I see a figure approach me but try to ignore it. Eventually I see Eddie, he walks towards me and sits beside me.

"Hey y/n? I'm sorry about everything I said yesterday. I was being an ass. It's cuz I didn't want to be there ya know? Like I really enjoyed meeting you cuz your kinda cool and stuff but I was being an ass."

I laugh. He's kinda sweet and charming. And not to mention handsome as hell.

"Look y/n...I kinda like you. Like more than as a friend?"

"Me too." I smile, my cheeks turning pink.

He kisses my cheek and holds my hand in his. Wow he's perfect.