That was really cute

Warnings: none?
Word count: 816

I had been avoiding Eddie for almost three weeks now. We played some dumb game of truth or dare and we had to make out and ever since it had been awkward. I also got really self conscious about the whole thing. I mean what if he thinks I'm a bad kisser? What if he thinks my breath stinks or my lips are rough and dry?

I sat in my bedroom, finishing some homework and stuff. I hear a knock on the door, looking up I see my best friend. She had recently stared to date Alex, Eddie's older brother. For whatever reason, she was really pissed off that Eddie and I weren't close anymore? She said it makes me miserable and bleak.

"Hey y/n!" She says

"Hey y/f/n, what're you doing here?"

"Not much. Hey I wanted to tell you something."

"Go for it." I say, jotting down a quick math problem

"Ok well- I think you should get close with Eddie again!" She yells

I look at her with disappointment.

"And why would I do that?"

"Y/n! You've been so miserable lately and everything's been off. All four of us used to hang out so much and now we can't just cuz some stupid kiss that didn't even mean anything! Look y/n you're talking to him tonight and that's that." She lectures

"Who knows if it even meant nothing." I mumble

"What was that?" She asks

"Nothing." I roll my eyes

"Ok well I'll be back, I'm getting you a slushee for motivation." She smiles

I think about talking to Eddie. I started to realize how much I missed him, I mean my life has been kinda shitty without him. I sigh. What the fuck would I even say to him? He probably doesn't even want to talk to me. He's probably mad at me for avoiding him.

Hours pass. I still haven't made up my mind of whether or not I'll really talk to Eddie. I mean it'll be awkward and uncomfortable. My best friend comes back, a few shopping bags in her hands.

"Y/n, I got you some clothes and a new perfume so that you can visit Eddie with confidence. Oh and here's your slushee."

I look through the bags. She bought me new jeans, a new shirt and perfume. Wow she's really pushing for Eddie and I to get close again.

After thirty minutes of her begging, I finally gave in and decided to see Eddie. I quickly shower, get dressed and do hair and makeup. I finish with a few sprays of perfume and slip on my dirty old converse. I wear dark wash jeans, a black shirt and over sized flannel that I'm pretty sure belongs to Eddie.

"Ok y/n, just talk to him like you did before all this."

I walk out of the door, procrastinating as much as possible. I stop to get another slushee and at the record store but eventually find myself in front of eddies house. I knock on the door, seeing that Alex opens it.

"Hey y/n what do you need?" He says

"Oh uh- where's Ed?"

"Arcade."

I rush to the arcade. My anxiety is through the roof. I don't spot Eddie immediately so I decide to play Galaga to pass the time. I'm close to besting the high score when a hair falls into my face and like of vision. I try to blow it away with a heavy breath but nothing works. I heavily sigh and the hair finally moves and I smile in accomplishment.

"That was really cute Ya know?" I hear a voice

I turn around to see Eddie. My face goes red and my eyes get wide.

"Oh Ed- I- uh- hi."

"Hey. It's been awhile."

"Yea..." I look down at my feet

He takes my hand walking me outside.

"Look y/n I didn't think that stupid game of truth or dare would ruin so much."

"Ya neither did I."

"So are we good?" He asks

"Yea.."

We hang out for the rest of the night. It was like nothing happened between us but I couldn't help but feel empty. Damn. I think I liked Ed.

It's finally dark out, Eddie and I sit in the middle of a football field.

"Hey Ed?"

"Yea?"

"I- I don't think we're good."

"What?"

"Eddie I think I'm in love with you." A tear falls from my eye.

He quickly leans in, kissing me. His arms wrap around my waist and his tongue gently enters my mouth. He pulls apart, a pink dusting left on his slim cheeks.

"Y/n I've been wanting to do that since forever."

I smile. We sit in silence for a minute, observing the stars. He looks over at me.

"Hey y/n?"

"Huh?"

"Where did you get my flannel?"