You should probably get rid of that stuff part 1

Warnings: none?
Word count: 332

I sit in my bedroom, bored out of my mind again. I walk down to the kitchen, drinking some water and quickly tidying up, throwing away old papers and what not. I walk back into my room only to notice a small box just underneath my bed. I walk over to it and pull it out to see it labeled 'John' which is the name of my ex boyfriend.

I open the box and immediately smelt strong cologne and I started to cough. I decide to go through the box. The first thing I find is a letter from when we were long distance. His handwriting was scribbled onto the coffee stained sheet. It read:

Dear y/n,
I mis you so much! It's been pretty fun up here in (random state) but I can't wait to get home to California! I wanna see your face and hold you in my arms again. I miss your scent and definitely your cooking. I love you so so much!
From- John

My eyes start to water, brimming with tears. But still I decide to look through the box. I find his hoodie, his old baseball gloves and a signed baseball from him. I read a few more letters and stumble across a specific one. It read:

Dear y/n
I hope you are doing well. I hate to say this is a letter and wish I was in person with you to share this terrible news. I want you to know that my intention was not to hurt you in any way. You're probably wondering what the news is. Well, I've found someone better and I'm breaking up with you. I don't love you anymore. You were overall a waste of my time.
- josh

Tears spill over my eyes, cascading down my face. The scent of his cologne filled the room. All memories I had with him started to flood back and I realized how much I miss him.