AU DIO : Vampire Mothers Day

This has been in my drafts since the beginning of time, I have loads of drafts for this AU because I love it and Giorno deserved better 😭 basically DIO 'cares' about his S/O from the good ol mortal days and when they want a child he acquires one, which just so happens to be his own😂

Giorno hadn't come out for dinner again, which you had spent time preparing and cooking for him.
Humans were so strange.
Though the food made you feel sick to your stomach, it gave you great joy to feed your son. As a vampire you hadn't eaten a proper meal in years, but you didn't care. You also didn't care if you weren't as feared any longer, since caring for one's offspring was a perfectly noble thing to do.

Plus, you felt a great sorrow where Giorno was concerned. He had been plucked from his mother as a toddler for his own good, since the wretched bitch didn't care for him anyway. As if being unable to bear your own children wasn't enough, the treatment he had received at the beginning of his life just solidified that hatred for human women. It was a godsend DIO found out about his son when he did.
She got what she deserved, as did her late partner, a mobster well known in the area. Nobody was allowed near the child to begin with, besides you and his father, but eventually, you found trust within the likes of Enyaba and Ice and allowed him to go with them as he pleased. Whatever would make him happy. There was a hole in your chest where your heart should be, and this boy filled it.

Now, years on, your boy was turning fifteen, attending high school and generally growing up. His hair had randomly turned from black to blonde, curling and drying out a little like his father's. As bizarre as it was, it didn't bother you one bit.

What did bother you however, was the fact he was spending more and more time holed in his room, his nose in books or studying. Placing the hot meal at the table, DIO clocked your concerned expression from the other end.
"My Love, there's really no need to worry. Giorno's just a boy, I'm certain he would confide in you as his mother should a problem arise." The vampire didn't even look up from his book. Settling at the table in a separate seat, your delicate bones sat perfectly on the chair as you awaited his arrival.
"The very thought of our beloved son being upset is enough to break even a vampire's heart."

Your lover was still healing a nasty beheading wound from Jotaro Kujo, one of his adopted brother's descendents, even 12 years on. You had barely gotten away from the teen yourself at the time, and if it wasn't for Giorno you would be in even hotter pursuit of him each day.
You truly feared the day Giorno had to learn of his father's fall from grace, your worry being Giorno would seek justice of his own or a Joestar would come sniffing. Becoming the recluse that he was, too, could only lead you to believe he was thinking deeply about things. His life wasn't normal, no matter how much you tried to will it so. There was no way the boy thought his life was normal. The manor was posh, to start with, and you could only go out during dark hours. You had kept it no secret from him that you were vampires, but made it clear that he was not to tell any old soul, especially at school, which could make his homework difficult as you had found when he was younger.

Sighing, the dish clacked against the dark wood of the table in your fingers.
"Perhaps, I'll go and deliver it."
"He's turned you soft, Y/N," the vampire lord teased, half smiling as he quipped. "I'm certain he will join us when it pleases him to."
"I wish to excuse myself. He'll be preparing for bed now anyway, I'm sure." Leaving the table, you shot a glance behind you, almost begging him to follow you but of course, Lord DIO didn't follow anyone.

Outside of your son's bedroom, you sighed sadly before knocking delicately on his door.
"Giorno, it's Mamma. May I come in?" You heard a scramble, before an approval to enter. Swinging the door open, you arrived with a plate of octopus salad in your hand, placing it on his nightstand with permission. "I thought you might want some food since you've gone into hiding again this evening." Hovering behind him, you noticed that the drawer to his vanity wasn't quite closed properly, and the way he was leant on it made you suspect he was hiding something.
However, it was none of your business you supposed, and the last thing you wanted was to push away the only thing you would have close to a child of your own. "It's your favourite, but don't feel pressured to eat it if you aren't hungry. I'm sure one of your subjects will enjoy sharing it."
"I'll eat some later, Mamma. Thank you," he said calmly, warming your heart.
"Oh my, Darling, we need to cut this mane of yours. You're starting to look like your father after he crawled out of his undersea crypt."
Clawing your fingers through Giorno's golden locks at the vanity, his face fell in the reflection. As he looked up, he noticed that you had no reflection whatsoever behind him, just your clothes.
"Mamma, have you ever seen your face?"
"Not for a long time, sweetheart." Pulling his and away from the drawer, he debated asking for some attention.
"Then, I want to show you something." You swept his hair to the side, leaning over his shoulder to look at what he was showing you. He pulled out a little sketch pad, opening it to reveal detailed drawings of the life he knew. He had drawn pictures of his stand and other still life images. You gasped when you saw his talent, almost tearing up when he showed you a drawing of your face. It had been so many long years since you had seen it, this was almost refreshing.
"Oh, my god. This is beautiful." The paper in your hands showed a sketch of you and DIO sat together, your nimble fingers resewing his head onto Jonathan's body like he had seen you do so many times. "Do I really look as beautiful as this?"
"Of course you do, Mamma."
Sighing contently, you held it to your chest, where your heart would be.
"May I keep it? I want to show your father."
"Yes. I wanted to give it to you on mother's day, since I've worked it for four days, but I can't imagine not seeing my face for over 100 years."
"Mother's day? Thank you so much, Giorno." Reaching out to touch his face, he cringed a little. The boy was fifteen after all and your coddling was getting old. "I get to see your face every day and that makes up for it. I wanted a child for so many years, and then you landed in my arms."
"I wish I could take you outside, Mamma. In the sunlight."
"As do I, my darling son." Exhaling, you decided to let him be. Taking your leave, you exchanged goodnights before shutting his door and disappearing back to the dining room to gush to DIO, whether he listened to you or not.