Jotaro Kujo : Believe

"My God. I didn't even think you would open the door."
"Quiet your yapping, you bitch."
"I'm not your mother, JoJo, I shouldn't have to collect you for school."
"I told you on the phone last night, it doesn't concern you."
This distant commotion woke up Kakyoin, sun stroking his eyelids through the beautiful ricepaper wall of Jotaro's house. He could hear Jotaro alright, but the woman didn't sound like his mother, and he didn't have a sister! His forehead was still pretty sore from the flesh bud that Jotaro had pulled from it the night previous, since the pain hadn't died down much from sleep. Bandages lined his head, red hair poking out from neat, white sashes around his noggin.
"Well, I couldn't leave it. You turned up for school yesterday and mysteriously disappeared before lunchtime." Folding your arms, the teen loosened his, rolling his eyes with an attitude since he knew what was coming. Leaning forward in your ruby uniform, you pointed right at his stomach due to his chest being too far up due to his height. "When that explosion happened and you were nowhere to be seen, I knew it was you, Jotaro!" Grimacing, he stared at you without a word, coldly. "And now you're just going to ignore me?"
"Quiet, you annoying bitch. You're a such pain in my ass."
You couldn't help but feel absolutely furious. Jotaro wasn't very good at showing his emotions, which you knew and understood, but when he shut down like this it just made the situation worse. All he had to do was tell the truth, instead of making up all this weird shit about an evil spirit.
"I'll make this easy for you. Did you beat up the school nurse yesterday? She looked savaged half to death."
There was a pause as he thought about what to tell you, his stare becoming dark.
"No. I stopped it before she could get any worse."

Eyes blowing up, you arched your eyebrows in absolute confusion.
"What the hell does that even mean? What's wrong with you, do you want to get arrested again?!" The boy was completely uncommunicative, barely even making eye contact. "JoJo, speak for God's sake!"
He was silent.
"Or don't. Fuck you! I'm not dealing with your dumb delinquent shit."

If only you knew. Jotaro supposed this was the best way to keep you safe. Shaking you off his tail completely meant you wouldn't sniff round him anymore, ultimately destroying your connection to him and preventing another personal attack by DIO.

Months passed. Everyday, you wondered if you were harsh. Everyday, you reminded yourself he deserved it. Walking past his house like you had done everyday, today was different. You noticed a familiar smell. There was food being cooked... Jotaro's mothers cooking! Approaching the gate, you peered inside, shocked to see smoke rising from the house. Curious, you couldn't help yourself any longer. Crossing over the path to his front door, a voice piqued your interest from the side.
"Hey,"
"JoJo!" you yelled, spooking yourself.
"I-I didn't see you there." He was scratched up, arm in a cast and likely broken. "What did you do?"
"I've been gone a while. I'm glad you walked by today. I want to apologise for how I treated you. It was shitty of me as your, err... Your boyfriend?"
Eyes welling with tears, you threw your arms around him despite his arm being held in a sling. Hanging from his neck, he couldn't help the gentle smile across his lips when your scent caressed his nose. A large arm snaked around your frame, welcoming you back into his life. "Where have you been?!" you shrieked, inspecting his scuffed face and patting the plaster cast on his arm.
"I don't think you would believe me if I told you."
"Nevermind that. I'm. So glad you're alive, JoJo."
Squeezing him, you rubbed your face against his chest, his smile more than noticeable across his mouth now.
"Me too..."