I want you- Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

Everyone was silent as Lucy took in that information. She seemed to be frozen in shock by what was announced.

As I looked over at her, I could see the worry in her eyes. I could see her disbelief. I could see her exhaustion. She did not see herself the way others saw her... She accepted herself as an Oracle. She may have even accepted herself as a Luna. However, she couldn't even fathom how she could be Alpha material.

She didn't see what I saw, what we all saw.

"Luce," I said softly.

She didn't budge as she just stared down at her hands in deep though.

"That is enough for tonight," I announced after a few minutes. "Time for bed."

I could see the exhaustion etched on Lucy's face and her body was sagging. It had been too eventful of a day for everyone. There was too much for Lucy to have to take in. She needed a break.

"You are not our Alpha," someone snarled.

I growled loudly at those words. "I am not having this argument tonight!" I bellowed making everyone in the room cower. Lucy quickly wrapped a soft hand around my wrist. "My mate is in shock after having a very taxing day. Your Alpha has been through a lot in her last eighteen years, and now you are throwing this on her as well after a full day of battle and her being in constant Oracle mode. Now you are just expecting her to just suddenly pick up a role that she had no idea was even possible for her to have! She has had no warrior training, no Alpha training, hardly any socialization, for goddess sake, she hasn't even had a bed for most of her life! Give her a second to take everything in! Excuse the hell out of me for being worried about her!" I slowly helped Lucy out of the chair and put her in front of me. "She is your Alpha. I know that. I feel that just as much as y'all do too. However, she is also my mate and Luna. Therefore, I am within my rights and boundaries to treat her as such."

Lucy looked up at me with a look of gratitude. "Kale is right," she said strongly. "I need some sleep." She then looked each person in her pack in the eye. "He is also my mate, so there will be no disrespect towards him. Is that understood?"

Everyone agreed begrudgingly.

"Wes, would you mind setting them all up in the rooms that we set aside for them before we left? We didn't know that there we going to be so many so some might need to double up, but it is only for tonight. We'll discuss a permanent solution tomorrow," Lucy asked calmly still holding onto my wrist for dear life.

"Not a problem," Wes said with a small smile.

Without further ado, I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and led her out of the office and up to my own room. I closed the door behind us as I studied her while we stared at each other just inside the door. She said nothing as I picked her up gently and sat her on my bed.

"No one patched you up when you were helping the injured?" I asked annoyed when I took in the scratches on her face, neck, and arms.

She snorted and shook her head. "These were nothing to worry Doc about," she dismissed.

"If they were on someone else would you have at least cleaned the cuts?"

"That is beside the point, Kale. There were many more people that needed much more attention than I. I am fine."

"You are too self sacrificing for your own good," I huffed as I pulled out some stuff to clean the cuts with. I got to work on her quickly.

"So, are we not going to talk about it?" She finally asked.