Hope -Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

I couldn't help but to stare at the beautiful girl in front of me. I was telling the truth to her as I spoke, she consumed me... And I wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing. Her beauty was immeasurable and incomparable to anyone else's. I didn't care that she was bruised and scarred, she looked absolutely amazing to me. Everything she did was endearing to me. I loved the way she spoke her mind when she wasn't thinking. I loved the sweet and adorable expressions that crossed her face when she was shy or when she was thinking about something. She was a gem and I was pulled to her like a moth to a flame.

"That's because we're mates," she said after I explained my feelings to her. After I told her how much she consumed me. That word stopped me immediately and I winced. I had no mate, I accepted that long ago.

She didn't realize my mood change and continued with a sweet little smile. I almost let myself be pulled into her allure. "You know, before you, I was always someone who thought about her actions and words carefully, maybe it was because I had to. But still... now my mouth just speaks on its own before I can even process a single thought. You just make me say what I feel, I've never done that before."

So, she felt it too? The change. We were changing each other. Mates aren't supposed to do that, they accept each other for who they are. They don't change each other's personalities. This was just even more proof that we weren't mates... This had to be some type of magic. We were both under enchantments... It had to be.

She picked up on my mood change quickly. With my change of mood, hers changed too. Alpha, she called me alpha again. I had to hold in a groan. I specifically told her to call me Kale. I wasn't sure why I wanted her to call me by my name, but I did. I was sure it had something to do with the enchantment, but it didn't matter. I asked her to do something and she was blatantly ignoring me.

I was taken aback by her sharp words when I confronted her on the issue. "Well then act like Kale, not some psycho Alpha that turns his feelings on and off," she said. She was unrelenting and fierce in her words. "I can't do that, make my feelings go away. If you want to teach me how to do that then by all means please do, but until then quit this hot and cold BS that you have going on. It's pissing me off." She didn't yell, she didn't cry, she didn't even growl. She was commanding and strong as she spoke. She didn't back down and turned to look me directly in the eyes. It was a bold move. It showed her strength. "And don't order me around, I don't like being to what to do." Her eyes were a bright golden color by the end of her speech, her wolf was in control and I was fighting for control with mine.

I had never been spoken to like that and I wasn't sure how to react due to who it was coming from. Normally, I'd be pissed and show the person exactly who it was that they were speaking to like that... But this was Luce. I had to push my anger and wolf down as I glared at her. "I am your Alpha, you're supposed to do what I say." I needed to remind her of her place. She was technically just a probationary pack member, she needed to remember that.

She scoffed at my words, scoffed. As if I was the one way out of line. Me not her, who did she think she is? "Well then... I guess you don't mind me calling you Alpha then, Alpha." My eyes instantly went black at her words. She was playing with fire...

Her tone was low and unwavering as she continued. "You might be Alpha, Kale, but you are still my mate. Yes, technically I am a lower ranking pack member, but the mate bond that we have gives me more power than you realize. If you want me to obey your every command then you should go ahead and reject me so I can be on the same power level as all your subjects, your majesty." She mocked me with a curtsey and my temper flared.