Awakened- Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

We landed in a very familiar place. It was a place of dreams, of death, of darkness, of beauty. It was the place that called to me. It was a place that loved me completely. I felt at home there.

"I failed." It was the first thing out of my mouth. It was all I could think about as I stared at my beautiful realm. I failed and I left Kale... again.

"No," Grandfather said as he held his shadowy hand out to me. He helped me up easily and left Darcy there still unconscious.

"I'm not dead? That explosion should have killed me and everyone else."

"You're not dead," he confirmed.

I breathed a sigh of relief at his words. "Why did you call me here then?" I asked curiously.

"I didn't, Granddaughter. You brought yourself and the witch here. You sent the whole battle into the astral realm."

"I did what?!" I exclaimed.

"Calm down," he said in a soothing voice. "Everyone is okay. Your Mother Moon is convening with your fellow wolves and witches. They're all being shown what we've all failed to remember before you..."

I stared at him with a blank stare.

"We're all spiritual beings, Lucent girl. You've reminded us all of that. They are not only their physical bodies, they are much more. They are not only three dimensional mortals... They are ever flowing, ever changing infinite beings. It is about time they realize that and begin acting like it. It is about time that we all start taking responsibility for our own parts in all of this destruction... Including us non-mortal beings," he explained as he walked around his realm with me arm in arm. "Your people could have handled and reacted to some of the things better and with less death, but we could have shown them the way before it was too late."

I said nothing as he continued to stroll leisurely with me.

"We, meaning us in the etheric realms, have completely written off the mortal realm. The only thing that we have treated the mortals and their realm as is our pawns and power plays. We've all been so busy fighting for power and control that we lost sight of the fact that those mortals are not mortal at all. They are souls. They are infinite beings, just like us. Yes, they're different from us, but they are also not. They are apart of us as we are all apart of them... We all make up this grand Universe. It was something that we had completely neglected to remember before you, Lucine. We're all together, yet we're also separate... Still, we're all ultimately interconnected."

"You're taking responsibility," I smiled at him.

"Yes," he nodded. "That includes for her," he announced as soon as we ended back up next to Darcy's unconscious form. "She is mine now," he informed. "The moment that my shadows took her over, she signed her death sentence. They devoured her light because she neglected it. One cannot survive as total darkness... You taught me that," he told me calmly.

I gazed at Darcy. Her closed eyes were encased in total darkness, almost as if she had a mask on. Lines of black ran up her neck through her veins, showing the darkness that she had let overtake her. Even her non-manicured nails were black and sent lines of black up her cut up arms... She was darkness. She let it consume her up.

"Even I need light. That is what you taught me. That is why my realm is your home. Just as your mother moon, you give me a space to be dark in. That is something that I shall teach her. That is something that you will teach her."

"You're keeping her?" I asked abruptly.

"She is mine. As soon as you release yourself, your people, and her from the astral, it will be time... She'll come to me."

"She'll die?" I asked.

"She'll come learn her lessons for her next incarnation. She'll get a second chance," he informed me.

"She's had a hard life?" I asked. It was out of curiosity.

"Every life is hard, Lucine. Everyone struggles with something, whether it is unknown or known... It is there in everyone," he told me. "So yes..."

"Will it be better? Her next incarnation, will she be better and understand better?"

"She will have the potential to be better. Still... no one is perfect, Lucent girl, not even you. It will be up to her in her next life what she chooses. She will have some good teachers along the way though... That I am sure of," he answered me.

"Thank you, Grandfather. I believe I am ready now."

"You are," he informed me with a head bow. "I'll be seeing you."

I bowed back to him before looking back to Darcy. As I stared down at Darcy's body, her eyes opened and I was met with fully black eyes.

"You will understand in your next life," I told her calmly as I kneeled down next to her. "You will," I said again before kissing her third eye.

Just like that, we were back at the burnt battlefield. Everyone around us began sitting up. They were all confused, but also enlightened.

Still, I stayed kneeling next to Darcy, who was beginning to wither. The darkness was eating her from the inside out. She was almost devoured.

"I'm here, Darcy. And I vow to you... You will understand in your next life. You have to. This cannot have all been in vain," I told her as she took her last few breaths.

Just as she took her very last gasp of air, I kissed her third eye once again. "I lay you to rest, Darcy. We honor your life and will learn from your mistakes... All of us will. We will choose peace, leniency, acceptance, and love. We will be graceful, and we will not blame each other or tear each other down once again. We will learn from this. We will love each other," I said softly as her soul drifted away into The Underworld.

"Luce..." Kale asked softly as he came up behind me. "What just happened?"

"A mass awakening," I announced and stood up.

"So we won?" One of our wolves asked.

"There was no winning or losing this fight. There is only understanding and ignorance. Do you all understand now? Do you all see why we were fighting? It is for balance, peace, and love. Do you now see?"

"I do," one of the Alphas from a smaller pack in The North said strongly. "I see... I understand. It is not for power, but for peace. It is for love. Love for ourselves, our kind, each other... everything."

"Yes," someone else agreed. "It is about honoring each of our own sovereign rights, but also honoring each other."

I smiled at the awakened people before me. "It was about all of us. No more suppression. No more trying to rule. It's all about living. We are here to enjoy our lives, the way we want to, while we are still here."

"We make up the cosmos, the earth, the heaven, and light. We are made of stardust, the underworld, and divine darkness... We are it all, not a single one is too small," Kale said with a grin. "The Moon Goddess has enlightened us all. Let's not waste her gift on fighting each other still. We are worth so much more than this silly fight. We are so much more than power and control... We are uncontrollable. We are divine souls with infinite blessings."

"We are divine!" Someone else yelled in solidarity.

"We are infinite!"

"We are All!"

"We've all just been awakened," I announced, barely able to contain my joyous laughter. "And now we all see... We are all the Universe, and we are all free."

A/n-

See I said it was going to be soon! Lol! Love y'all! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

-KAF❤️