Respect- Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

It was completely silent. It was still and calm all around. It was only a few hours before that the sleepy woods were full of life and wild running wolves. It was only a few hours before that we had all been running as a pack... my pack.

It had been a wonderful night. I was so happy, and I loved my pack so very much. I was so extremely happy and high on the love for my pack that I was restless.

I couldn't sleep, and I just felt like walking. I felt like exploring my gorgeous pack lands aimlessly as I took in the beauty of the rising sun and the pretty vegetation that had grown up out of the earth. Everything that was around me was just so beautiful and I could feel it all breathing life into me. It was all giving me a certain type of strength and an inexplicable feeling of blissful love.

I finally stopped walking after a long while as I came to a beautiful flower-filled meadow with only a single tree sitting in the middle of the area. It was almost like I was in a dream with how perfect the place seemed to be.

I walked forward, right up to the tree, and leaned up against the trunk of the massive thing. Unconsciously, I began Grandmama's grounding technique. I felt my energy reach out to the earth and dig further and further down. As my energy reached out to the earth, the earth's energy flowed into me. The loving and blissful energy of nature filled me up. It hit each of my chakra points and burst open my third-eye and crown chakras. It was almost like a whole new world was opening up to me.

I felt like the earth was pulling me into it. It was sucking me down into its core. It felt as if I was being cradled in a light full of infinite bliss. I felt totally and completely whole.

"Lucine Elara Smith..." A beautiful ethereal voice went through my mind. It was not the familiar one of the Moon Goddess... It was completely different yet so similar at the same time. "Lucine Elara Smith, the one that bears my mark. The one that I choose... my earth angel."

I just basked in the words. I had no fears, I had no doubts, and I had no objections. I knew that this was my new patron Goddess. I belonged to her now too.

"Who?" I finally asked, wanting to know who my new patronage was to.

I felt the earth's energy shift. I felt the light that was cradling me turn to arms. I felt the energy all around me turn into an even more nurturing one. It felt like the pure love of a true mother was flowing through my chakras. It was all gentle and loving bliss. That feeling was pure and unadulterated bliss.

"Mother Gaia," I announced as I looked to the Goddess that was cradling me. She had the colors of the earth with grass, rocks, flowers, and clouds decorating her all over. The Goddess was the exact embodiment of the earth. There was no denying who she was... Mother Earth.

"Yes, my child," she spoke in her beautiful honey voice.

"W-why me?" I finally asked.

She set me back to my feet with a gorgeous smile. She took some flowers from the foliage that she was decorated in and they wove themselves into a pretty crown. She placed the beautiful arrangement of multi-colored flowers upon my head and bowed to me in respect.

"You've seen what they do to me, Lucine," she said. "They scorch my lands, kill my vegetation and beings that I've sworn to protect, and disrespect me with their dark deeds and agendas." She turned her back to me pointing out the scorched lands and bloodshed. "Your kind have always respected me, just as your Goddess and I have always been allies. However, these beings are abominations. They do not understand the delicate balance that they are tampering with. If your society collapses, it will only be a matter of time before the humans, witches, and other beings follow suit. The wolves have always helped lead... What they are doing is not leading, it's forcing a bloodbath upon the world."

I stared at her as her hair turned to fire and eyes darkened as she spoke of the treachery of The North. I stared at her scorched and bared lands that were represented on her back, feeling nothing but pain and sympathy for the mother. She felt hopeless as she was the one to nurture us, and they all turned against her. They all turned against the light as they sought the power that was not theirs to have.

"You, Lucine, have no desire for power. I can feel that within you. You do not want the power, and that is why you are my chosen one. Often, those who do not seek the power are the ones that should. The Moon Goddess marked you, and I've been watching. I've seen the way you spare lives. I've seen the hardships that you've been through. I've seen the respect you have for all living and non-living things. I've witnessed your merciless love. That is why I chose you..." She explained with a pleasant smile. "Plus... The flowers like you. That was my first inkling."

I stared at the beautiful Goddess before me. Mother Gaia chose me. Two powerful Goddesses chose me. I was beyond words.

"I vow to support you. My lands and beings are at your disposal. I believe in you. However, for my help to be bestowed respect must be earned," her ethereal voice explained.

"What must I do to earn your respect?" I asked.

"Oh no, angel... no, no. It is not my respect that you must earn, for you already have that. It is your respect that you must earn. You cannot come into your full powers until you respect yourself completely."

I stared at her with a crestfallen face. It was just like The Moon Goddess, I needed self love, respect, and acceptance before my full powers could manifest.

"Oh no, my angel, do not look like that. You can do this. With the help of everyone around you, you will remember your true self. However, remember that no one's love can replace that of your own..."

"Yes, Mother Gaia," I bid respectfully and curtsied fully. "I will not let you down."

"I know that, my child. It is time for you to awaken once again," she said gently. "But always remember, Lucine, for you are apart of me, therefore I am apart of you."

And just like that, I was back at the trunk of the tree with my back up against it. The sun was up, and it warmed my skin and made me feel even more alive. The only thing left from my meeting with the Goddess was my memories and the beautiful blooming flower crown that was still sitting on top of my head. Still, that let me know... It was real. I was chosen once again.

I rushed back to the packhouse rather quickly. I wanted to tell Kale of my meeting. I couldn't believe it! MOTHER GAIA!

I barreled into our room and pounced on the bed with the excitement of a kid on Christmas day. "Mother Gaia!" I exclaimed as Kale sat up from my abrupt wake-up call.

"What?" He asked groggily as he eyed me carefully.

It was very obvious that I hadn't slept yet, especially since I had my dress from the night before still on. He was confused because I had laid down with him to sleep when we got back from the long run. It was cute, even in his completely exhausted state due to the run, he made sure that I was safe and cuddled as he fell into a deep sleep. However, I just felt called to the forest throughout the whole night... now we know why!

"Mother Gaia! Mother Earth chose me!" I exclaimed with a wide smile. "She is my new patronage along with The Moon Goddess!"

Kale's eyes widened as my words seeped into his brain. "Holy shit!" He laughed. "That's amazing, Lucine!"

I grabbed his hand and laid it gently on the flower crown that was still on my head. "Can you feel her power within this gift that she made me? She chose me!"

"No..." he answered as his hand left the flower crown and ran from the very top of my head to my heart. "Luce... that's your power," he said with conviction. "That is your power keeping those flowers blooming so lovely and bright. You are the power."

A/n-

Just in case anyone was wondering... I definitely sung that 'I've got the power' song at the very end of this chapter! LOL! Sorry not sorry. I love y'all! Thank you for reading and commenting. Y'all mean the world to me! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

-KAF❤️