It hurts- Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

I woke up to a gasp and felt the serious panic through our mate-bond. I sat up in bed immediately as Lucy's heavy breathing and panic still continued. She was whining and whimpering as she looked to be in severe pain. I looked at her with wide eyes and felt helpless as she thrashed around as if she was in a nightmare.

That was the thing, it wasn't a nightmare... Her eyes were swirling wildly like a galaxy and she was inside another time all together. This was a vision. Something big was happening... something bad.

"The pack with Red Canyon Gulch in their territory," she finally said as she came out of her divine sight.

"The Watson's pack," I answered automatically. "Some neighbors from the east."

Her eyes went grave, and tears spilled from her eyes, "They've been attacked. The North destroyed them. Their land is scorched."

She got out of bed and began getting dressed. I followed suit and got dressed as well.

"Are they all dead?" I finally asked in a slow voice as I buttoned my jeans.

"No," she answered as she finished pulling on a big sweatshirt of mine. "Some of them took shelter in a cave at the canyon. We have to go help them! Their pack was burned... Everything was burned! It hurt!"

"We will," I replied as we walked from our room. I cradled her to my side as we walked. She was still completely panicked. She felt their pain...

I began mind-linking people to meet in my office, easily waking most. However, Sam was completely unreachable, and I had a bad feeling. Lucy obviously felt the feeling too when she took off in a sprint to the Beta's door.

"Oh God," Lucy gasped when she got near the door with her eyes swirling. Tears immediately began falling down her face, and I knocked on the door frantically. Lucy, however, didn't wait for a reply. She just opened the door and walked into the room.

When I walked into the room behind her, everything stopped. Sam was laying in his bed whimpering, whining, and crying. His cries were heartbreaking. His heart was obviously broken, and I had no idea what was happening.

"Oh Sam," Lucy said as she wrapped her arms around him tightly. "I am so so sorry!" She cried and cradled him.

"Lucy... It hurts! Why does it hurt?!" He sobbed into her neck.

"Sam..." she whimpered.

"She's dead... isn't she?" Sam asked in a broken voice. "My mate is dead!" He cried.

"I'm so sorry, Sam," she cried, confirming it.

"I've waited for so long!" Sam cried. "I'm only a year younger than Kale! I've waited for five years to find my mate! After Kale found his, I thought that I'd finally find mine too!" He raged. Still, Lucy never backed away or got scared, she just hugged him closer to her.

"I know, I know, love," she whispered.

"It hurts, Lucy!" He sobbed. "Why does this hurt?! What did I do to deserve this?!"

"Nothing, Sam. You've done nothing wrong. The North did this. They took her from you. They stole your mate from you," she told him with conviction.

"I want them all dead. I want them gone! They all deserve to rot!" He growled.

"No, no, love," Lucy said and made him look at her. "Do not let this make you bitter. I know that it's killing you, Sam... But don't let this take you down. You are so good. You are so loved. I know that nothing can make this better but letting this turn you bitter and angry will make this worse."