Scary -Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

I stood there looking at the burning village around me. Where I grew up, where I came from... gone. Thank goddess.

It was just like my vision, everything was gone. The whole pack was gone; they were all either dead or ran away. There were so many packs that this had happened to on both sides, I had seen them all through my sight. It was sad to see so many people dead, especially some people who tried to help me throughout the years. These horrific pack slaughters had to stop, even if it was to annihilate the enemies. Some of these people could have been saved! Some of these people were good! Some of these people didn't deserve it!

That being said, I hoped they got Alpha Fleming and Beta Harrow, I hoped they both died a slow and painful death. I hoped they were rotting in hell along with their horrible friends, right where they belonged.

I had a single small duffel bag in my hands as I waited for the men to make their way to me. I know I must have looked like a crazy person; a tattered, cut up, old back dress (it was the best piece of clothing that I owned), I had no shoes, greasy oily black hair, and bright electric blue eyes, maybe that's what I was.... crazy.

The warriors made their way to me in human form so they could speak to me, stopping just before me. "Sam, it looks like we missed one." The man who made it to me 1st said as he smirked at me wickedly. I took a breath and steadied myself; I knew they would be hostile, my vision was very clear about that.

I waited for the rest of them to get to me before I spoke. "You're not gonna kill me." I stated confident in my words, i knew they wouldn't.

"We just killed your whole pack... what makes you think we won't kill you?" The biggest of the bunch spoke menacingly, making chills go up my spine. He took a step closer to me. I knew he was the beta so I directed all of my attention on him.

"You won't kill me." I stated again simply. He raised his hand to strike me. "... I'm your alpha's mate." I said staring into his eyes intently, not backing down.

He faltered and looked at me with wide eyes. "Liar." He spoke raising his hand again.

"I'm not a liar... I'm telling the truth, he's my mate and I am his." I said looking him in the eyes trying to convey the truth. I knew he was mine. Kale was my one true mate, the goddess picked him just for me. We were meant for each other.

"You've never even met the alpha, you couldn't know if he's your mate." He hesitated and spoke quietly, obviously having a mental war with himself.

"I'm his mate..." I said again making him snarl and take a step closer to me. "Do you really want to take a chance on killing me, when I very well could be telling the truth?" I asked in a condescending tone, making his wolf angry.

He took a few extra seconds to compose himself. "Fine, we'll take you to our alpha and when you are not his mate, he'll dispose of you... and trust me, he's much more ruthless than we are." He stated with his eyes playing in between his wolf's and his human side. In his wolf's eyes, I had disrespected him. I deserved to die according to him, but he wouldn't kill me; he feared kale's wrath. And according to my visions he was very smart to.

I nodded and smiled at my small victory with my wolf howling in my head; she was proud of the way I stood my ground with the man snarling at me. I had never stood up to a superior like that before and she was proud of me. Now I just had to face my mate. Easy, right?
————

We arrived in their pack territory fairly quickly considering that we had to walk in human form, presumably because of me, half of the way until they were met by other pack members with several cars. Everyone eyed me suspiciously, this was obviously a very cautious and untrusting pack. I wondered why?