Gracious- Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

We stood at the head of the tables, easily gaining everyone's attention. Everyone in our pack, plus Cory's pack, were standing up at their seats to show us respect. The new additions to our pack, caused another table to have to be added. That shifted everything over slightly, but it was not a bad setup.

The added table actually made everything in the hall look a lot more complete, aside from the only half-full table. The table that should have been filled with the other members of The Smith pack as well as Cory's pack that had been so badly wounded. It should have been filled with the people that The North took away from us.

"Thank you," I said with a nod of respect to everyone that was there. "I would like to formally announce the completion of mine and Lucine's bond," I announced very calmly. "I would like everyone to welcome in your new Luna, along with her pack members!" I raised my glass in a salute towards my mate with a grin.

Everyone began clapping. The warriors added in some hoots and hollers which made the puppies howl in delight too. It was obvious that Lucy was beginning to win people over. Unfortunately, it was also obvious that she had not won some people over too.

There were some members that were clapping rather reluctantly with unimpressed looks on their faces. It was mostly Renee and her friends that seemed to be having issues accepting her the most while whispering to each other frantically. However, there were a few others that seemed to be having a problem too. The majority though, seemed to be rather accepting of her. I hoped everyone would be coming around soon. Lucy was going to be a great Luna.

"Thank you," Lucy said graciously with a respectful bow to everyone in the room.

After everyone quieted down again, I continued with the announcements, "With the completion of the lodging for Alpha Cory's pack, the third packhouse is back available along with some of the family homes. Along with the new members of our pack, it is time to revisit the living accommodations. We have left a survey at everyone's seat, please fill out your preferences by number. We will go over the housing and inform everyone of the changes made to it. Feel free to leave any comments or questions on the bottom of the pages, and we will address your concerns promptly."

Everyone was surprised, but we had all known that the housing was going to have to be redistributed with our extra members, so it wasn't too far fetched.

"We will be participating in the acceptance ritual tomorrow. It will begin at sunset so we can welcome and accept our new Luna as well as our new pack members," I announced with a smile. Almost everyone looked excited to be participating in the accepting ritual. It has been said to be a very loving and wonderful time for the whole pack.

"Why should we give up our homes for her pack?! Why should we accept her?!" Renee said with a growl.

"They are now apart of our pack," I replied sternly.

"What if we don't accept her or them?" She bellowed.

Lucy sucked in a deep breath full of hurt. It hurt to not be accepted by her pack.

"What are you saying, Renee?" I asked.

"She is not my Luna."

"Are you challenging her?" Someone asked from the crowd.

Before she could reply, I cut her off, "Think about it, Renee... You know that the result of challenges will most likely end in death."

"Yes, her death," Renee said. "Yes, I am challenging Lucy for the Luna position."

"I don't want to fight you, Renee," Lucy finally spoke.