Responsibility- Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

The carnage all around was painful. I could feel each death of my pack members within me. I felt the hurt of death, even as I killed. Even as I defended my own pack, I couldn't help but to mourn the lives of those that I took.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. We were all one species. We shouldn't have been hurting and murdering each other. Killing, even in the name of peace, is still killing. I was finally beginning to realize that...

I wanted to stop. I wanted to call a truce. The North wouldn't let us though. They wanted to rule over everything, and that was not the way that we were meant to live...

Suddenly, just as I ripped Alpha Russel's heart out, an explosion occurred. Everything from before no longer mattered as we were all blasted back. Lucy was in the center...

I saw my life flash before my eyes. My sweet gentle mother. My strong domineering father. My nosey little sister. Our pack. The attack, the deaths, the hurt, the heartache... I watched it all flash in a matter of a second. I had attacked The North with a vengeance after that. I had no care for life and mercy. I wanted revenge and suffering. And then... My Luce. My heart, my soul, my mate. She brought me to the light. She showed me the wrongness of our ways. She saved me and my pack. And then she died.

"Is that what you want for your life?" The etheric voice spoke strongly. "Is that all you want to have to show?"

No.

"Then stop this!" The Goddess' voice boomed.

Suddenly everything was rushing around me. I was no longer in the ash grey battlefield surrounded by all the other wolves. No, we were all rushing through the most beautiful scenery imaginable. The colorful kaleidoscope went all the way around us all. It showed us every color imaginable, along with some unimaginable. It was beautiful. It was so beautiful that I didn't even have time to look for my Luce; I was enamored with all the colors of the cosmos'.

When we all stopped, we were in the stars. Galaxies danced before us, showing us the true beauty of the universe. It was so easy to disregard the beauty of the world in the midst of a war, but right then... The beauty was all that mattered.

"The selfishness of your ways is going to kill you all off," the etheric voice said. This time though, there was a beautiful woman before us. She was definitely a Goddess, and my wolf knew that she was our Moon Goddess.

I quickly kneeled before her. Soon, every other wolf followed my lead.

"I am ashamed of all of you. I gave you life, my beautiful creatures. I created you to be wild and free, yet here you are fighting amongst yourselves. I'm appalled."

"The North-"

"I don't care!" She bellowed. "Killing is still killing. You have killed so many of my creatures... Of yourselves." She took a pause to let that sink in. "When will you realize that fighting is never going to fulfill you. You are here to live, to love. You cannot hate each other, you are each other. You're all one."

"I am not one of them," someone screamed.

"Yes... you are. You're all connected. You're all one species, on a planet, in a galaxy, in time and space, and it all makes up one universe. You are all interconnected and beautiful," she announced, stunning us all into silence.

"We make up the cosmos, the earth, the heaven, and light. We are made of stardust, the underworld, and divine darkness... We are it all, not a single one is too small," she told us calmly.

"You're fighting each other for no reason. Be happy. Let yourselves be happy and love. You don't need power; you need peace. You need to come together and realize the beauty of life that you're all just letting pass by."

"There is no one to blame. There is no one to punish. There is acceptance, tolerance, love, and peace to be had. Come together. Understand yourselves then you can understand one another. Don't fight your feelings. Don't alienate each other. Talk to one another. See from another's point of view. Just because you are different, doesn't make one of you wrong... It makes you beautiful. It makes you unique. See each other and yourself with no judgments. Just love. Just be you. Accept yourself, and everyone else will too."

It was like one big sigh of relief. At that moment we knew, the fighting was over.

We weren't sure what was next, but our Goddess had spoken... We had to stop our division and come together to create peace.

Now... We just had to go see the damage. The damage that we all created. The lives that we all took.

It was time to take responsibility. It was time to lay this fight to rest.

A/n-

Hey y'all! How are y'all?! Sorry it's been a minute... I was busy with book launch stuff! For those of you who don't know, my book Fighting For Life has officially been published!!! It is available on Amazon (link on my profile!) Anyways, what do you think? Don't worry, the second part of this chapter will be out SOON! Love you! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

-KAF❤️