Reunion

Chapter 63: Reunion

Submitting near her feet, Arnav asks for an apology bowing his head

Submitting near her feet, Arnav asks for an apology bowing his head. He doesn't know what would be her reaction will be after this step. Whether she slaps him, hates him, accuses him, punishes him or kills him. He is ready for anything unless she stays with him and removes the thought of leaving him.

He waited patiently for her reply for some-time. But when no reply came from the other end, he got scared and raised his head up. There are tears in those beautiful caramel diamond eyes.

He rose up and touched her face.

"Why those tears, Khushi? Are you-" He paused stating her. He must bear anything and never imagine to hurt her after what he had done in the past. Whenever she transformed into Khushi from Meera and shed those tears, past flash across him and he fell into a deep gut of guilt.

"Hit me. Punish me. I deserve your hatred. But please don't shed tears for me. I know you are hurt. You don't like my presence. All I did to keep you with myself. I am selfish, Khushi. I am not like you who sacrifice love for others. I am the most cruel man. All I want is you, Only you. You are not ready for this marriage, I can understand. No woman accepts a monster. There is no pressure from my side. I waited for you for years and will wait for you more." He held her hand signing her to slap him for this act.

"Khushi, why you are silent. Please say something?" The emotion in her eyes scared him. The fear of losing her took over him. When she didn't get ready, he used her hand and he began to hit him. Immediately, she clenches her fist and shakes her head in denial.

"Why are you not punishing me? Tell me, Khushi? What do you want?"

"I want you, Arnav." He looked shocked and thought he heard something else. Suddenly a shy smile escaped her lips and she said what she always wanted to say but destiny always played nasty game. This is a time and she will not let it pass due to her stupidity

"Yes Arnav. You heard it right. I want you. I want you all for myself. I love you with my entire soul and heart. I love you more than anything else."

Her confession was too unexpected. He stood there for a while replaying those phrases in his mind. He always craved to hear these three magical words but when it actually happens, he doesn't know how to express it into words.

"Why are you standing like a fool? Say something. You love me right?"

"Obviously not. I love your chudail sister." She slaps him and a chuckle escapes from his mouth. "Khushi you are unbelievable. You still need proof or any lame filmy dialogue. Like stab my heart and see which mame is hidden in it." She pouted and placed her head on his chest. She could hear his raised heartbeat.

They sat in each other's arms by the poolside for a long time experiencing the magical feeling of togetherness in true sense. Arnav was overwhelmed. He is still in a dream, a beautiful dream. To get her is no less than a dream.