Facing the truth

Chapter 23: Facing the truth

Khushi POV-

2 days passed for Vasundra's death. But nothing changed. Her dead body was under police custody for further investigation but I need no proof. I had seen with my own eyes who had killed her. The thought made me hell angry that I was unable to save my aunty on right time just like I failed to save Khushi inside me getting used by him. Once again that bastard came to my life to torment me and playing the same nasty game to hurt me. He wanted to seek his leftover revenge. He wanted to break me. But he had forgotten. This time he is standing against Meera shergil not a mad lover of his who blindly trust him.

''Bastard..'' I breathe sharply inhaling the fire that reaches every pore of my cell. My entire body is yearning for revenge. My gaze move to Ishita who was all numb and shattered. The pain to become a orphan is worse than anything else in the world. Who knows better than me. I close my eyes in order to calm my ragged nerves.

Neev  who sat next to her, observe every motion of meera who seems lost. He place a soothing hand on her. I flinched and instantly pull off before passing a cold glare to him.

Neev: I knew what you're going through. Meera. Aunty will get the justice..god will punish HIM. (He refer towards Arnav by which he gain a deadly glare)

Meera: I don't believe in your god. So you better mind your own business and keep your sympathy to yours..I don't need this..

Neev: Why you are being so rude to me. I was just saying that Arna--

Meera: Shut up.

Neev: But..

Meera: I said shut up..(I greeted teeth preventing myself not to shout in front of Ishita who was going through rough phase in her life.)

They were sitting for a condolence. As panditji instructed to start the ritual, I get up and guide ishita to put garland on her frame. Just then a voice came from behind and every pair of eyes turn toward the entrance. There my eyes fell on Arjit. He search his eyes in the crowd to view Ishita..

His presence near ishita boiled me beyond endurance. Ishita was not in a state to register her surrounding. She was just laying lifeless on the ground.

Before he approaches toward Ishita, I gave a warning glare and came forward and drag him out from Ishita's sight.

On reaching outside, I roughly push him and call the security to throw him out.

Arjit: Please Meera..let me meet her..

Meera: GET THE HELL OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I DO SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULD REGRET LATER..

Arjit: She needs me. Let me go. (He try to walk past her but i held his hand and pushed him ruthlessly making him to fall on the ground.

Meera: This is where you belongs. Near my feet. (Saying that, i turn to go but his next act shock me.)

He went to his knees asking apology for his ill treatment.

Meera: Stop your bloody drama. I know what you are and what are you planning in your dirty head. But unfortunately she will not get into your hands. You know why? Because she had decided to broke off with you and have no plans to marry you.

Arjit: No she can't do this to me. She loves me.

Meera: Ohh poor baby. Let me tell you she had promise me she will not go against me or neither she will meet you henceforth. Sadly All your plans get flop to get me by using her.

Arjit: No, what you are thinking about me is not true. I am changed now and genuinely loves Ishita.

She rolled her eyes disinterested.