Chapter Thirty-Eight: Chasing Runaways

A/N: I continue to have terrible timing bc guess what I'm not posting next week bc i have finals~ Anyhow enjoy this chapter, see yall when I'm free of this godforsaken hellscape that has been fall quarter!

Luffy marched to the bookshop that was just down the road now. This is ridiculous, why won't anyone listen to him! Luffy pretty much shouted that he knew where Zoro was but no, Luffy couldn't possibly know.

Shanks and Mihawk wouldn't even try to hear Luffy out when they figured out Zoro was missing. This was so dumb! Even Kai, Tashigi, or Perona could find Zoro if they just would have listened to him! Luffy was practically stomping down the road now. If only Franky was done fixing up the motorcycle! Then Luffy would be able to do something. But now he had to walk all the way to the bookshop.

And of course, Ace and Sabo were gone before Luffy even woke up! Law too. Law just happened to work closest to their house. The tattoo shop was downtown and Luffy didn't even know where Sabo was right now. He could be in Hollywood for all Luffy knew.

"Torao!" Luffy shouted as he walked into the bookstore with the sound of a bell chiming over Luffy's head. The bookshop looked old, in the well kept, just worn down sort of way. It smelt like used books and leather. The shelves towered over Luffy and made the space feel small.

There was a loud thud, followed by, "Luffy-ya, what the hell are you doing here?"

Luffy followed the sound of Law's voice through the shelves. He found Law kneeling on the worn carpet floor, picking up books that had spilled out from a box. All the books looked used, some mildly, some so worn it looked like the covers might fall off. But Luffy didn't care much about that.

"I need your help! Zoro's missing," Luffy said, he adjusted his backpack as he spoke.

"Zoro's missing? Wait, why aren't you in school?" Law asked. Luffy rolled his eyes.

"I'm not in school because Zoro is missing and Mihawk and Shanks wouldn't listen to me before they both took off to the police station!" Everyone's first concern was why Luffy wasn't in school. That's not important! Zoro disappeared and no one can find him!

"What?" Law didn't exactly follow what the hell Luffy was talking about.

"Zoro's location is on in Snapchat!" Luffy huffed, he shoved his phone into Law's hand with the Snapmap open. Law could see Zoro's bitmoji in the middle of nowhere on the highway.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Law really didn't see what he had to do with this. From what Luffy said, Zoro's parents were already looking for him.

"You and Sabo agreed you'd take Sabo's car last night, didn't you? I need the keys. Zoro can't just take off like that when we're gunna graduate, I don't wanna go if all my friends aren't there!"

Regardless of what the hell was going on, Law wasn't going to let Luffy chase after Zoro.

"Lu," Law said, sticking another book on the shelf. "I'm not letting you take off out of town with Sabo's car. Especially not by yourself."

That last comment may have been Law's downfall.

"Then come with me!"

"Luffy I'm at work," Law said, and I'll be here for the next few hours," Law looked down at the screen again. "If Zoro-ya ran away then he's going to be long gone by the time I get off work," Law said. "Not to mention He already a few hours away from here.

"But he's stopped! I pet he pulled over to go to sleep and he's still sleeping!" Luffy argued. "I bet we can catch up to the, you gotta help me find him!"