Chapter Twenty-Three: Avoiding Problems with Other Problems

Luffy didn't know how it happened, and in the long run, he didn't really care either. But Kid gave him the immediate distraction Luffy needed. Thus, Luffy spent the remainder of the night at Kid's side. They danced with the fog thick at their feet and the lights pulsing to the music that was louder than all the chatter. Kid didn't encourage Luffy to sober up nearly as much as Law had, seeing as Luffy did shot after shot with him and Luffy's other friends. Saying Luffy gave most of his attention to Kid was no understatement.

Towards the end of the party, Kid and Luffy were in the hallway alone, having escaped the chaos of the crowd, and Chopper who was currently 'it' in their game of crowd-tag.

"Shsihshi, we can't stay here very long, this is against the rules," Luffy said, grinning up at Kid.

"You've got a weird group of friends," Kid said. That was no exaggeration. Who plays tag at a party anyway? They treated the people that weren't playing like they were just obstacles to hide behind.

"Yep! It makes them fun," Luffy said, he slipped back into the crowd. Kid rolled his eyes he might have followed after Luffy if Killer hadn't snuck up on him. Kid had thought they were alone in the hall.

"Just how horny are you?" Killer asked in a mocking tone, beer in hand. Kid chuckled and shook his head

"It's not like that," Kid said. That was a blatant lie. That's exactly how it was.

"Oh, so the infamous Eustass Kid has feelings now?" Killer asked, still with that mocking tone. He knew Kid far too well. "Because with the way you're letting him cling to you, you've got to be into him or hot for him."

"Shut up jackass, I don't have feelings for Strawhat," Kid said, rolling his eyes.

"So you are horny?" Killer concluded, taking a long sip from his beer.

"Yeah, I guess I am," Kid scoffed. He preferred not to be so vulgar when the person he was interested, or their friends, could hear. That lead to some aggressive encounters that Kid would rather not have to deal with. That was mostly because he was also looking to use Usopp and Luffy to boost his channel. He was already getting a lot more views with them in his videos now.

"Why him? The green-haired guy Luffy hangs out with is way hotter," Killer said.

"Yeah, maybe, I only had a feeling Luffy was gay before but now I know he's into guys," Kid said. Given the conversation he and Luffy had earlier that was obvious now.

"Oh really?" Killer chuckled, he finished off his beer and crushed the can in his fist. "In that case, good luck, that guy is as much a handful as you are."

"Nothing I can't handle then," Kid muttered.

"You don't have to deal with you like I do," Killer clapped Kid's shoulder. "Better watch out, your boy toy is coming back." Kid rolled his eyes.

"Kid!" Luffy ran up to Kid with a huge grin, he stumbled a little, oh he was definitely drunk, not that Kid was sober. Luffy pressed a hand to Kid's chest.

"You're it!" Luffy disappeared into the crowd again. Killer laughed at Kid.

"You're playing tag?" Killer asked.

"I don't know how I got roped into this," Kid answered honestly.

"Well, go on and get your dick," Killer waved Kid off.

"You sound like a pig," Kid scoffed.

"You say that like you're not one too," Killer said, he walked up behind Kid and pushed him into the crowd. Kid shuffled around until he found Zoro.