Chapter Seventeen: Mario Kart Tournaments and Ice Cream

A/N: hey my dudes sorry I'm a bit late but I had a busy day yesterday, a very fun busy day!
I'm also getting really stressed over all the corona virus stuff, not because of the illness itself. Mostly because people are really over reacting and my hours at work have been cut back plus my uni might move all classes to online for next quarter and that's not some thing I want... they've already done that for the rest of this quarter *sigh*. 
Anyway I'll stop now enjoy!

"Torao! Torao!" Luffy threw the door open and jumped over the back of the couch, nearly knocking Law off of it. "Look!" Luffy shoved a paper into Law's face. Law frowned and took the paper from Luffy and held it out so he could actually see what it was. 

It was a temporary permit. One for Luffy to use until he got his actual permit in the mail. Law was a little impressed, he thought it would take Luffy at least three tried before he got his permit. Guess that shows Law for underestimating Luffy.

"Oh," Law hummed. Luffy leaned close to Law, he was almost in Law's lap. 

"Now I can drive!!" Luffy yelled. It left Law's ears ringing. 

"Yeah, I'll take you out later today if Sabo doesn't need his car," Law promised. 

"Really!?" Luffy grinned and leaned a bit closer to Law. Law could feel Luffy's breath. Damn, he was really close. Law nodded and Luffy leaned back, giving Law his personal space back. Just then Sabo walked inside, he was on the phone with someone. That explains why he didn't come in with Luffy. OSabo didn't even wave as he passed by, he went straight to his room it must have to do with the band. Something serious, most likely. 

"Hell yeah!" Luffy cheered, he got up from the couch and ran off to his room. Doing whatever Luffy does, Law supposed. 

Looks like Law was going to have to cancel his plans with Bonney tonight. She wouldn't mind though. They had been spending a lot of time together lately, one day wouldn't do any harm. 

_

Law stood by the door waiting for Luffy. He held the keys to Sabo's car at his side, fiddling with the guitar keychain. He rubbed the back of it with his thumb and started at Luffy's bedroom door at the end of the hall. He could hear Luffy rushing to get ready, knocking stuff over by the sound of it. 

The door was thrown open, it bounced against the wall and Luffy came running down the hall, not bothering to hide the excitement he had. It was an infectious grin really and Law had a hard time not returning it. 

"Torao!" Luffy came to a stop next to Law "I'm ready," Luffy looked up at Law, stars in his eyes. Law didn't think he had ever seen such unfiltered, innocent excitement in his life. It was refreshing, hell, it made Law excited to teach Luffy. Just a little bit. Law held out the keys to Luffy. Luffy stared at them for a moment. 

"What are you waiting for?" Law asked, a smirk playing on his lips. Luffy's eyes went from the keys to Law. He didn't think Law was going to let him drive right away. Luffy's eyes went back to the keys and he grabbed them from Law's hand. 

"Let's go!" Luffy grabbed Law's arm as he threw open the front door. Law hardly had the time to close the door behind them on the way out. Luffy let go of Law's arm only to run to the driver's side door. He pulled on the handle only to discover the car was still locked. Law chuckled and shook his head. Luffy was an idiot.

"Step one, unlock the car," Law said. 

"I know that!" Luffy huffed, he fiddled with the keys for a moment.