Chapter Twenty-One: Happy Birthday!

A/N: okay it's not the party chapter ppl are excited for, that's the next chapter though! Enjoy, see you all next week! <3

"Oi, Luf." Luffy jerked awake and looked around until he found Zoro standing over him with a boba tea in his hand. Luffy sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Happy birthday," Zoro said. He held out the drink he had for Luffy.

"Is that boba?" Luffy asked.

"Yup."

"What kind?"

"Taro."

"Taro?" Luffy took it. "That sounds like Torao."

"Yeah, a little bit," Zoro agreed. Luffy got to his feet and stumbled out of bed. "I'll wait for ya downstairs."

"Okay, here take this with you," Luffy took a drink of his boba tea before passing it to Zoro. "Oh, it's really good!"

Luffy got dressed and stumbled his way down the stairs. He still felt really groggy, this is what he gets for staying up late with Law and Ace. Sure, they had been waiting for Sabo, but they had also been killing it at Mario Kart all night too. Even after Sabo got back after midnight.

Luffy walked towards the front door, on his way, he passed Law, who was asleep on the couch. He found Zoro at the dining table.

"Ready to go?"

"Yup!" The two cut across Luffy's Lawn to Zoro's driveway, where his car sat. All of Zoro's siblings were nowhere to be seen. Zoro must have made them walk or something. Zoro and Luffy played music on the way to school, it was way too loud for how early in the morning was but that wasn't for anyone but them to care about.

Luffy and Zoro met their friends in the cafeteria with smiles and birthday wishes. And Usopp had their camera out.

"What's with the camera?" Luffy asked.

"A vlog for your birthday," Usopp explained, "for our fans."

"Why?"

"Because there were at least 20 comments that asked for it," Usopp said. "Most of it will be at the party."

"Oh, okay." Luffy shrugged and went to get breakfast. Other than that it was a normal day. And Luffy wouldn't have it any other way. Luffy did want any special attention, he preferred it like this. This was perfect.

The school day went by as normal, Luffy was just happy it was Friday and he didn't have to spend any time doing homework after school. Classes went by with all their assignments and readings and so on. Everything to do with school felt pointless now. He was graduating in a month and even the teachers were just finding stuff to keep them busy in the meantime.

Well, it couldn't be helped, Luffy just had to wait for a little while longer.

At the end of the day, Luffy met with the others in front of the library per usual. Most of them had gotten there before Luffy which was pretty unusual.

"Hi, guys!" Luffy chirped with a big grin.

"Hey, Luffy," Usopp said, he had their camera out and on Luffy.

"What are we doing today?" Zoro asked as he came up behind Luffy. He had been the only one not there when Luffy showed up.

"Nojiko's," Nami said. "She said we could be there until the bar opens today."

"Oh, is Cossette cooking today?" Sanji asked with a hitch of excitement in his voice.

"Yeah, she is, and you better leave her alone" Nami huffed. "She was ready to quit the last time you spent an hour bothering her."