Chapter Seventy: The Kidd Dilemma

A/N S orry guys i meant to have this chapter up sooner but life still keeps getting the best of me T^T Enjoy and I will TRY to have the next chapter out on Wednesday ily all <3

Law was far beyond groggy when he woke up. He had stayed up far too late with Luffy and his brothers. Everything in the room was a blur, it didn't do much to help him get a grip on reality at all. Law rubbed the sleep from his eyes. That didn't help either but it was better than before.  Law took a deep breath and sought out his phone, it was half-tucked under the pillow his head rested on. 

There was next to no life left in it. 10%. Law should count his blessings considering it wasn't dead after the date and his night at Marco's house. There were lots of notifications though at least that would keep him from focusing on the arm he couldn't feel because Luffy was sleeping on it. 

"Shit," Law cursed at the sudden realization that nearly all of those notifications were from Lami. He hadn't said a word to her about staying out late let alone not coming back at all. There were at least a dozen missed calls from her and it was a miracle Law hadn't woken up to a single one of them. He didn't recall putting his phone on silent the night before. Luffy shifted and started to stir next to him. Law paid that no mind but instead replied to the many frantic texts Lami had left to accompany all the phone calls. 

The messages started around one. Which, from the looks of it, was when the calls ended. Her last text was sent less than an hour ago and it made Law feel guilty immediately. It swelled like magic grow dinosaurs in a glass of water. 

Law hated that Ikkaku was the first assumption she came to

Law hated that Ikkaku was the first assumption she came to. He didn't blame her but he still hated it. He pushed down his pride. Lami was just trying to make sure Law didn't fuck shit up again. 

Law sighed and glanced at Luffy who was snoring on Law's shoulder. Law smiled and snapped a picture of Luffy. His mouth was slightly open and his face was all squished up against Law's shoulder. He was cute, peaceful even. Law sent the picture to Lami. 

The image had only just gone through when his phone started ringing. It definitely wasn't on silent. It became even harder to believe that Law slept through all of that. That aside, he answered Shachi's phone call. 

"Hello?" Law didn't expect his voice to be so hoarse when he spoke. Luffy stretched his arm out over Law's chest but he still didn't seem to be awake just yet.

"Sorry man didn't mean to wake ya," Shachi said. His voice came out of the phone staticy. 

"I was already awake. What's up?" Law asked. Luffy curled up closer to Law. Shachi started talking and Law wrapped his arm around Luffy.  Pins and needles wreaked havoc in his hand and Law ignored it. Law kissed Luffy's forehead. 

"Good morning," Law muttered with the phone away from his mouth. All Law got in response was incoherent mumbles. 

"Anyway," Shachi said when Law started paying attention again. "We're gunna grab breakfast before going to the studio, wanna come with?"