Chapter Fifty-Nine: Sunset

A/N: this chapter has 2020 words so its automatically cursed, anyway, Ill be taking a break next week because I'm going on a trip with my friends and will be lucky if I even have time to check comments let alone write something

Also, sorry for the cliffhanger~

Luffy and Usopp slept most of the flight from Paris to LA they even slept through the turbulence as they landed in LA. Kidd and Killer weren't so lucky. They had gone the entire trip back without sleeping. And with the layover, that rounded out to the It was just the start of sunset and he and Usopp were leaning on each other over the armrest of the seat.

Kidd shook them both awake but Usopp was the only one that responded. He jerked and made Luffy's head fall into the armrest. And That was what got him up.

"Is it over yet?" Luffy muttered, looking around the plane while people were starting to get their carry-ons down and make their way off the plane, directed by the flight attendants.

"Yeah, let's get out of this stuffy plane," Killer muttered from the row behind them. All four of them were exhausted but Kidd and Killer didn't sleep the entire flight, and instead were just running off stupid amounts of caffeine and crappy airplane food.

"Sweet!" Luffy cheered and jumped to his feet. He climbed over Usopp and made his way into the aisle, leaving Usopp to grab his bag from up top. Killer had the camera as the four of them got off the flight, grabbed their bags, and made their way out of the airport. Kidd half-assed the outro to the video they were making and decided that if it was too shitty he'd just re-do it tomorrow or something.

Sabo was waiting for them near the airport entrance. People were coming and going He looked as tired as they were.

"SABO!" Luffy ran for his brother the moment he laid eyes on Sabo's blonde head. Luffy dodged through the people passing by to get to Sabo.

"Hey, Lu!" Sabo called back. Luffy trapped Sabo in a bone-crushing hug the moment he got the chance. "How was your trip?"

"It was so fun!" Luffy was suddenly full of energy. "We saw these giant pyramids and had dinner IN THE SKY!" Luffy went on and on about all the stuff they did.

"You did what in the sky?" Sabo asked with raised brows and glanced over at Kidd.

"It's so much easier if you just watch the video when Kidd posts it," Usopp said with an exhausted sigh as he walked past them.

"Jeez you guys are acting like you haven't slept," Sabo said.

"We haven't," Kidd and Killer said at the same time.

"Well, let's get you guys home then," Sabo said. He took Luffy's bag and followed Usopp to the car. On the ride home, Luffy texted Law to let him know he was back in LA, just like he told Law he would.

Luffy talked about the stuff they did on the trip while Sabo drove. He dropped Usopp off first before taking the rest of them back to his and his brothers' home, seeing as Kidd had left his car there.

Luckily for Sabo, Kidd and Killer only stayed long enough for them to throw their bags into Kidd's car. Kidd gave the excuse that they were both tired and wanted to get home. Ace came out onto the lawn just as Kidd pulled out of the driveway.

"Luffy!" Ace grinned and pulled him into a hug and ruffled Luffy's hair. "I swear you've gotten taller."

"I was only gone for a week and a half," Luffy huffed and shoved Ace's hand away.

"Yeah, but you were so busy filming stuff with Usopp before you left it feels like way longer," Ace said.

"Oh," Luffy said while Sabo pulled his bag out of the trunk.