Chapter Forty-Three: Ferver

Kid, Killer, and Luffy got back to Vivi's just in time. No one else had arrived that wasn't there when they left. Or at least it looked that way to Luffy. Kid parked his car on the street instead of inside the gate of Vivi's house. Luffy ran ahead of Killer and Kid just as another car pulled into Vivi's driveway. He didn't pay any attention to whoever that was.

Luffy got in the front door before Kid or Killer even made it to the driveway. It wasn't nearly as busy as when he left but it looked like the decorations were up. Luffy was too busy looking at all the work Sabo and Usopp had done to pay attention to where he was going. He walked right into someone. Luffy stumbled back a little before saying, "Oh! Sorry."

"There you are." Law was standing in front of Luffy, he didn't even seem fazed that Luffy had run into him. He was so cool. "Your friends have been looking for you, where'd you run off to anyway?"

"Oh, I was with Kid!" Luffy said with a grin as he gestured behind him.

Law frowned and fought off rolling his eyes. Law had barely interacted with that guy and he hated him. He hated even more that Luffy hung out with that guy so much.

"Killer too, we got food at Chipotle!" Luffy said continued. Law did his best to keep his frown from turning into a scowl. Law had gotten him food, why on earth did Luffy go get food with Kid, of all people?

"What are you suddenly too good for Chinese food?" Law asked. He was...mostly only joking.

"No way," Luffy stuck his tongue out at Law. "If there's food, I go."

"Well, I guess that makes you an easy date," Law stated. Law clamped his jaw shut imminently, shocked that something like that would even cross his mind let alone leave his mouth. Law would have preferred to be vaporized on site now.

"I don't know what that means, but I'm going to find Zoro now," Luffy said. "I left food with him!" Luffy went back outside, Zoro was still by the pool with Nami and Robin, Usopp and Kaya were there now too, so was Sanji, Vivi, and Chopper.

"Hi, guys!" Luffy grinned as he ran up to them."You have it?" Luffy looked at Zoro.

"Yeah," Zoro lifted the bag and tossed it to Luffy.

"Sweet!" Luffy cheered and sat down next to Sanji, who was next to Zoro.

"OH!" Chopper came over to Luffy. "Franky was looking for you, he's got something super cool!"

"Oh, where is he?" Luffy asked, looking around the backyard for Franky.

"I think he left but he'll be back soon, he's taking your surprise for a spin," Sanji said.

"Huh?" Luffy tilted his head and looked over at Sanji.

"Luffy, is Kid here?" Usopp asked. "I wanna talk to him about Egypt and the video ideas we had for it."

"Hm?" Luffy twisted around to look back at Usopp who was standing behind Nami's and Robin's chairs. "Oh, yeah, he came in behind me."

"He's inside then?"

"I think so."

Usopp excused himself and left to find Kid, meanwhile, Luffy and the others stayed by the pool and talked while their party guests started to arrive. Aside from Kid and Killer, Brook and Jimbei were the first to arrive. They hung out by the pool with everyone else. A few others started to arrive too, mostly just family. Robin's mom was early, and so was Zeff, and Genzo too. Then Franky came back.

He spotted Luffy from inside throw a window. He ran out to the backyard and shouted, "Luffy-bro!"

"Hi, Franky!" Luffy waved at him from across the pool with a grin.