Chapter Thirty-Four: Breaking Rules and Other Things

A/N: oooh you guys are going to love this :3

Laws phone was ringing, he was trying to make breakfast—or, well brunch—for Bonney, and his phone was ringing. Law's hands were a little preoccupied. Crepes weren't exactly easy. 

"Bonney, can you get that?" Law asked. Bonney came into the kitchen from her living room and grabbed Law's phone off her counter. She wiped off some of the flour that was dusted on the screen before answering. 

"Oh, hi, Ace," Bonney said, holding the phone up to her ear. 

"Put it on speaker," Law said. Bonney did as he asked. She leaned against the counter next to Law, holding it up so Law could talk to Ace.

"Law?" Ace asked. 

"I'm here, have you heard anything about Luffy yet?" Law asked. Ace had texted him about that whole fiasco earlier. As far as Law knew, there was no follow up on that yet. Law had to admit that he was worried about Luffy. Nothing good ever came of him spending time with Kid. 

"Yeah, I just got a hold of him a second ago. He took off to Marineford last night with Kid," Ace grumbled. "I'm gunna beat his ass!" Law scrunched his nose at that. Of course, it had to be Kid though. Luffy had plenty of friends, so what was with his sudden interest in that guy, of all people?

"Kid or Luffy?" Law asked with a small chuckle.  Law could certainly get behind kicking Kid's ass. The guy was more than just a total nuisance. Especially if he took off with Luffy like that. Who knows what he got Luffy into this time. 

"Both, probably," Ace huffed. 

"I'll help you with Kid, but with Luffy, you're on your own," Law said. He was only half-joking. 

"Very funny," Ace muttered. He paused for a moment. Law could hear Ace thinking, an impossible occurrence, sure, but Law knew Ace too well. "Can you do me a huge favor?" 

"What's up?" Law asked. He had a feeling that was coming.

"Can you pick Luffy up? I know Kid could drop him off but the less time he spends running around with him, the better," Ace said. "Sabo has that follow-up meeting and the shop is swamped here today. 

"Yeah, I can," Law agreed. He didn't need an explanation from Ace. Especially when it came to Luffy. 

"Thanks, man, if you want to come over to the shop, Marco said you could take his car—"

"I can drive him over there," Bonney cut in before Ace could finish.

"You don't have to," Law said. 

"I know," Bonney said, picking at some of the strawberries Law had cut up to go in the crepes. "But I'm not doing anything else this afternoon, besides, it gives me an excuse to spend more time with you." 

"How cheesy," Ace said. "Thanks, Bonney, I owe you one."

"Not a problem," Bonney said with a gentle smile. 

"I gotta get back to work," Ace said after a somewhat awkward pause. 

"Alright, see ya," Law said. Bonney hung up the phone for Law. 

"Huh, Luffy's good at getting into trouble," Bonney commented. She set Law's phone down where she had found it. 

"You're telling me," Law sighed. "Just wait until he can drive that motorcycle his friend is fixing up for him..." 

"He's an adult you know, you guys don't need to cover for him forever," Bonney said, popping another strawberry slice into her mouth. Even if that were true, Law would always look out for Luffy.