Chapter Sixty-Six: Babysitting or Something Like That

Something about Tacobell when Law's entire body is in pain makes everything seem worth it. And once Law told Luffy as much there was no stopping the complete buffet that Luffy insisted on ordering. Now the two of them sat on the floor of Law's living room between the couch and the coffee table, with fast food wrappers absolutely everywhere.

Even then, Law didn't eat very much. He hadn't eaten much at all in days, but that was to be expected. The craving he had for Vicodin was so strong it drowned out almost all of Law's other needs like food, sleep, sometimes water. It left him shaking and with a headache but Law had become numb to the constant pain and soreness. It's all he had been feeling for over a week now.

But because Luffy insisted they order food and Luffy had ordered a lot. Law forced himself to eat. And it wasn't just because it was the first thing Law had eaten all day. It was also because he didn't want Luffy to worry about him. And to Luffy, appetite equated to health.

So Law ate as much as he could convince his stomach to hold down. Which wasn't all that difficult since overwhelming nausea had long passed. Now The Walking Dead playing on the TV. Both of them had already seen the episodes that were playing so neither of them really needed to pay attention to the show which, at the moment, was preferable considering Law was far more interested in the chaos Luffy got into on his trip.

"Then the camel took off running and Usopp fell off!" Luffy explained with laughter the filled up the very echoey living room.

"Usopp's camel took off?" Law asked. Somewhere along the line, Law had lost track of the details of Luffy's story. He wasn't quite sure how Luffy urging his camel to go faster resulted in Usopp falling off of his. Law didn't think he zoned out at any point in Luffy's story but he was starting to become incredibly tired.

"No, mine, but our camels were tied together, so Usopp's started running when mine did."

"Oh," Law hummed and took a sip of what was left of his Baja blast. "What happened after that? I take it you didn't get stranded in the desert."

"I got to the pyramid we were going to way before everyone else and had to wait for them." Luffy went on to talk about how He had to wait for Usopp and the others to catch up with him and even look for him once they finally got to the pyramid.

"I don't believe you," Law decided once Luffy was finished.

"Huh!?" Luffy sat up a little straighter and looked at Law as if he had lost his mind. "It's true! I didn't mean for Usopp to fall off, but it happened!"

"Not that part," Law sighed and leaned against the couch. He shifted to face Luffy and tucked his leg underneath himself. He rested his elbow on the couch and his temple against his knuckles. "I don't think that was the craziest thing that happened."

"Oh," Luffy rubbed his chin. "Oh! There was the night that I went to this party thing by myself—"

Law frowned immediately. "Kidd let you go off to a party in a foreign country by yourself?" Law already wanted to kill that jackass a thousand times over, hearing about this didn't help Kidd's case at all.

"Uh-huh," Luffy nodded vigorously and leaned forward a bit as he kept talking. "Him, Usopp, and Killer said they were all tired so I went and followed this cool parade thing, and I got to meet Bon-chan and his friends!"

Law was skeptical of these strangers Luffy ran into but held onto his judgment considering Luffy was alive and well sitting in front of him. Nothing too terrible could have happened while Luffy ventured through the desert on his own.

"I stuck with them the whole night and ended up going back to the hotel they were staying at because my phone died and I didn't know how to get back to our hotel." Something about Luffy spending the night with a stranger didn't sit very well with Law, but he had no room to say anything on that. "I think I fell asleep on the ride there, I don't really remember but Bon charged my phone for me so I was able to get the message Kidd sent me and met them on this island we had to sail out to!"