Chapter Forty-Four: Parties Really Don't Go As Planned

A/N: hey yall just wanted to let you know that I'm taking a break next week 'cause I just started a new job and  I'm getting the covid vaccine today that's all for now, enjoy~

Law had more than a few drinks and Ace and Sabo had been getting him to drink more most of the night. It was the most Law had drunk in a while. When Law saw Luffy head towards the front door he wanted to follow. Law really liked being around Luffy. It just felt right and Law started moving through the people around him. 

"Law," Ace hooked his arm around Law's shoulders. He was drunk and smelt like it. 

"Law!" Sabo hooked his arm around Law's shoulder too now. Oh great. They were both drunk. And Sabo was supposed to be the one driving all four of them home after this... Someone was going to be paying for an Uber. It sure as hell wasn't going to be Law. Ace started blabbering about something or other and Law just watched Luffy go in mild disappointment. Well, he'd try to catch up to him later.

Ace and Sabo kept talking, more to each other than to Law, but still with Law stuck between them. Law frowned as he watched Kid disappear around a corner, the same corner Luffy had just disappeared around. He managed to free himself from Ace and Sabo without them complaining too much and followed Kid. 

He had expected Kid to head downstairs, that's where Luffy's friends were, but Kid headed upstairs. Now, why would he be going there? Law's instincts told him to follow Kid up. And so he did. 

Law really expected Kid to notice him coming up the stairs, but he didn't. Maybe he was just as drunk as Law was. That still didn't explain why he was going upstairs. 

Law pushed on and kept tailing Kid. He heard Luffy's voice from the other side of the door just before Kid closed it. Law had his suspicions about Kid and Luffy when he picked Luffy up after prom. He really tried not to buy too much into his overthinking, it was Luffy after all.  But now there had to be something going on. 

But that meant that Luffy lied. Or was there something else going on? Well, Law couldn't be sure unless he interrupted them. Law walked up to the door and listened for just a second. When he didn't hear anything, Law pushed to door open. 

When he saw Kid ontop of Luffy his instincts took over. Law didn't think about a damned thing when he pulled Kid off Luffy and shoved him against the wall, with a loud thud and a very annoyed glare from Kid. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" Kid scoffed and grabbed onto Law's wrist.  

"Torao!" Luffy huffed and sat up. 

"I should be asking you that," Law grumbled, ignoring Luffy. That was a lot easier to do when Luffy wasn't in Law's line of sight. 

"You jealous or something, asshole?" Kid asked. He tried to shove Law back but Law slammed Kid back against the wall. Law wasn't jealous, he had nothing to be jealous over. 

"Torao, leave him alone," Luffy snapped. He was standing next to Kid and Law now. Anger as hot as lava irrupted in Law's chest and if Law were being honest, he wasn't sure if it was aimed at Kid or Luffy. But Law hated seeing Luffy defend Kid. It was almost as bad as the way Lami had looked at him after the trial. 

"I got this, hot stuff, I can handle your jealous boyfriend," Kid was staring Law down as he spoke. "Then we can keep going if you're still up for it, that is." Kid cut a glance at Luffy. Law hated the way Kid looked at him. 

Law gritted his teeth and brought his arm across him. Kid flinched back and hit his head against the wall. He expected Law to hit him with the movement. Law smashed his elbow into Kid's face and Kid's head snapped back and smacked the wall again.