Chapter Twenty-Six: A Week Suspended

"YOU BEAT UP MY BROTHERS!?" Sanji came into Luffy's house without knocking, Luffy was doodling on his brand new cast with the TV on. He had only been home an hour or so before Sanji barged in.

"Oh, yeah, they asked for it!" Luffy said. Looking up from his doodles. Sanji marched around the couch and stood in front of Luffy. He might as well have had steam coming out his ears.

"I told you to stay out of it!" Sanji snapped.

"Sorry, but you should have heard them! You would have punched them too! They weren't just talking about you when I ran into them." Luffy argued. "Besides, you don't live with them anymore, they can't do anything to you. It's not like they know where Zoro lives." Sanji crossed his arms and plopped on the couch next to Luffy.

"You're such a dumbass," Sanji grumbled. "They could have beaten you to death if they wanted to."

"Awe, Sanji you're worried about me?" Luffy grinned at him. Sanji pressed his hand to Luffy's face, pushing him away.

"Don't let it go to your head, you're still a bastard."

"Shishishi." Luffy finished the poorly drawn doodle of a jolly roger wearing a straw hat. "Sign my cast! You're not the first, Ace and Torao beat you to it. But still!" Sanji sighed and took the marker Luffy offered him.

"I'm before Marimo, so I'll count that as a victory," Sanji muttered. Luffy smiled and held out his cast for Sanji.

"How are you and Zoro, ne?" Luffy asked, tilting his head to peer at Sanji as he looked down at Luffy's cast. Sanji looked at him wide-eyed before his face started turning pink.

"I forgot I told you about that," Sanji muttered. Looking down and busying himself with writing. "His family knows about us now, Mihawk is pretty suspicious of us now too. Tch, the old man would probably have Zoro's door removed if it weren't for Shanks."

"Oh, Shanks is in town again?" Luffy asked. Sanji nodded and closed the marker before giving it back to Luffy. With all the chaos going on Luffy hadn't even notice Shanks being back.

"That couch is starting to suck, I might see if Cobra will let me stay there, at least I know they have a guest bedroom, besides, I'm sure Mihawk and Shanks could do without an extra kid mooching off them."

"Shishi, I'm surprised you didn't ask her first," Luffy stated. Sanji just shrugged.

"The less people that know I've been thrown out, the better," Sanji muttered.

"You haven't said anything to the others?"

Sanji leaned back. "Nope, not going to unless I have to." If that's how Sanji wanted it Luffy wasn't one to care either way. Sanji and Luffy sat in silence for a little while.

"Well, I'm going out to smoke," Sanji said. "It's the last of my stash, I guess I'll have to see if Franky will get me some more."

"Oh, it's been a while since I've seen Franky," Luffy commented.

"Since the party, that's not that long," Sanji said, he was holding the joint he had in its plastic tube between his teeth.

"Yeah, but I didn't see him that much," Luffy said. "Or Jimbei and Brook."

"Yeah, those three are always busy," Sanji agreed. Luffy nodded.

"Maybe we'll see them more after we graduate," Luffy said. "We usually seem them more in the summer anyway.

Sanji nodded. "Too bad Chopper will probably start feeling left out then, being the last one in school, huh?"

Luffy just nodded.