Chapter Twenty-Two: Mistakes at Parties Make for Awkward Encounters

A/N: its the moment you've been waiting for :3 or at least I've been waiting for. I just hope it lives up to the expectations, a lot of people were excited for this~ 

It's not over yet though!!

The music was pumping loud, Luffy could feel it in his chest, in his skull and it was liberating. There wasn't much better than the feeling of freedom. Sabo's band was taking a break so Ace had his phone connected to the speaker. Someone had brought a beach ball and that was floating around the house, though it wasn't super successful given that there was in fact a ceiling over their heads. The night was still early and things we really going well. There were a lot of people from school most Luffy knew, but there were quite a few Luffy didn't really know but that made it all the more fun.

"There you are," The voice was right in Luffy's ear. Luffy turned his head and Kid was standing behind him. Luffy had almost forgotten he was coming with all the other chaos going on.

"Kid!" Luffy chirped, he turned on his heel and almost spilled his drink. Kid chuckled at that.

"Happy Birthday, welcome to the adult world," Kid said, his eyes scanned Luffy before fixing on his face.

"Thanks!" Luffy chirped.

"Damn kid, I didn't think you were into drinking," Kid commented. Luffy looked at his cup for a moment then back at Kid.

"I don't like beer," Luffy stated. "It tastes like bread water." Kid laughed at that too, Luffy didn't get what was funny about that but he didn't say anything.

"So you like girly drinks?" Kid asked.

"I dunno, is this girly?" Luffy asked, looking at his cup again.

"Yeah."

"Then I guess I do," Luffy decided, taking another drink. He shrugged as he finished off his drink. "Come get some with me!" Luffy didn't wait for Kid to respond, he grabbed his hand and lead Kid to the kitchen. Law was in there with Bonnie near the cooler. Luffy couldn't really put words to how he felt seeing them. And at the moment Luffy didn't care. He wanted a drink and Bonnie was in the way.

"Hey, Luffy," Law said. Bonnie smiled at Luffy and that only irritated him. And Luffy didn't know why. It didn't make sense, she was just being nice.

"Having fun?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah!" Luffy put on a quick smile for her before ignoring her entirely.

"You're Kid?" Law asked, there was some edge to his voice that Luffy didn't even try to read into. He didn't care, he was more focused on filling his cup. It wasn't his fault the mixture Deuce and Koala made was so good. It tasted more like juice than alcohol.

"Yep, and you are?" Kid asked, there seemed to be just as much edge to his voice as there had been in Law's. Luffy didn't care though, Kid didn't talk to him like that so it didn't matter.

"Just a friend of Sabo and Ace," Law said with a shrug. Bonnie moved and leaned against the counter next to Law.

"Well that's still not your name," Kid commented. Law chuckled in an almost sadistic way. Even Bonnie gave him a funny look.

"I guess not, My name's Law," Law said. Luffy pushed on the spout on the cooler but I seemed to be stuck. It must have gotten sticky or something from all the different people trying to use it. Ugh, that was just too much for Luffy to deal with.

Luffy's sigh caught Law's attention.

"Need some help with that, Lu?" What? Law had never called Luffy 'Luf' like Luffy's friends, let alone 'Lu', something only his brothers called him. Why was he doing it now?