Chapter Three: Loose Ends and Podcast Shows

Law knocked on the door, it was old but well maintained. Not anything fancy. It was as average as a house could be. Painted a dull brown that blended in with the rest of the neighborhood. Law came to the conclusion he'd be knocking on doors a lot the next day or two. Trying to get a hold of old friends. Granted there weren't many, Law was just putting off going to see her.

"Holy, shit, Law!" Sachi greeted him with a smile, Law hadn't expected anything less. "You're a complete ass, get in here." Sachi stepped aside and let him in. The house turned out to be separated into apartments. "Yo, Peng, get out here!" Penguin came into the small, yet cozy living room. He froze for a moment when his eyes met Law's.

"Damn, man, how've you been?" He asked, wasting no time in pulling Law into a hug.

"Better now," Law said.

"Good, thanks for keeping in touch over the years, asshole," Penguin said.

"Really great job there," Sachi bit.

"Sorry, I had a lot on my mind, I haven't even spoken to Lami," Law said, sitting down on the couch.

"And Fai?" Sachi asked he sat down too.

" She's the only person I've talked to,"  Law admitted.

"You haven't even talked to Ace or Sabo?" Penguin asked in amazement he found a seat in a love seat adjacent to the couch.

"Not until last night, I'm staying with them for now."

"Have you read the paper?" Sachi asked this time. Law nodded. "How much is true?"

"Well, I'm certainly not here for revenge," Law muttered, "And I didn't pay my way out." Shachi and Penguin nodded along. 

"What's been going on with you guys?" Law asked, he really didn't want to get into the reason he had been the last few months.

"Oh man Law, you're not gunna believe this-" Shachi didn't finish the statement. He was cut off by Penguin. 

"We're getting a podcast started we've got everything we need but a voice actor for the main role."

"Really?" Law asked. 

"Speaking of that, you need a job?" Sachi asked. Penguin tilted his head ever so slightly.

"You're a genius, Law's got the perfect voice for Cecil!"

"What?" Law muttered his eyes darted suspiciously between the two. 

"Yeah man, do this podcast with us, all you gotta do is voice act from a script," Penguin insisted.

"I don't know, what If this becomes really popular? I'd rather not be on constant watch by the internet," Law said. He had spent the past four years under constant surveillance. Law could do without any more of it.  

"You'll be playing the voice of a fictional character, people will love the character and not really give a crap about the actor," Sachi explained.

"For the most part anyway," Penguin added.

"Besides, podcasts never get all that popular, to begin with," Sachi concluded. What's the worst that could happen? Law would get paid, get some respectable attention on the media, hell, he could end up being able to pay for the rest of his education on something like this. That depends on several other factors of course.

"Alright, but I want to be able to make adjustments to the script," Law agreed.

"Hell, yeah!" Penguin cheered.

"We start recording this Saturday, I'll text you the address, be there by 9 am," Shachi said.

"I have a new number," Law remembered.

"What is it?" Sachi asked, pulling out his phone and opening his contacts. Law gave Shaci his new number, Penguin too. He stayed there for a few hours, until Sabo texted Law,  asking him to pick Luffy up from school and drop him off at the recording studio. 

 Law left with the script for the first episode in hand. Sabo was letting Law borrow his car, it was only fair that he give Luffy a ride. Once Law dropped him off Law decided it was time to see her. There was no getting around it. Fai gave Law her address, all he needed to do was get his cowardly ass over there.

Law pulled into the parking lot of an apartment building, a plain, gray-brown color with cracked paint. The color was washed out by the sun. No plants to decorate the property it was a minimal place towards the edge of town. 

Law stared at the wall of her apartment building, trying to sum up the guts to get out of the car. He hadn't even tried to talk to her since he was sentenced. Apparently, Fai hadn't talked to her much either. From what Fai had told Law, she got herself emancipated as soon as she turned 16. She didn't want anything to do with Doflamingo, and by extension, Law.