Chapter Forty-Eight: Moving Day

A/N: This is pretty late in the day compared to when I normally post but I had a busy day with school work, taking tests, and talking with one of my professors, and so on. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it! 

Law tapped his fingers against the countertop. 15 minutes until he could close. He had done inventory and he had swept the shop and counted the til. There was just shutting everything down and locking up left. Law was just hoping no one would come into the shop. No one came into bookshops 15 minutes before they closed, right?

Law knew that wasn't true. Still, he tapped his fingers and listened for the bell. After work, he was going to meet Lami and Fai at Lami's apartment. They were moving into the place that they had looked at earlier in the week. The place was a little small, but it was just himself and Fai that would be living there, so it was certainly manageable. It's not like they had very much stuff between the two of them anyway.

And Law was more than relieved to have his own bed. He hadn't had a bed that was his since before he had been arrested. Law checked the time. It was just ten minutes now. He'd have to go to Ace's and Sabo's before he headed over to Lami's that was going to take ages on the bus, Law only wished he had a car. It was definately the next thing he was going to be saving for. Apartment, Car, school. That's what he needed to focus on.

Law was going back to school, even if it killed him. That was certain. He didn't care how long it took now. He checked the time again. Nine minutes. Great, time was going slower. Law looked around the room, searching for something, anything he could do before the shop closed. There was nothing. He couldn't mop until the shop was closed, and he definately couldn't lock the door before then either, let alone turn out the lights.

Law truly was grateful for Ace and Sabo for letting him stay with them the last couple of months. He never expected to become close with Luffy though.

Luffy...

There was so much going on there and Law didn't know how to sort out his own feelings, let alone all the shit that had happened last week at the graduation party. He wished he could talk to Ace or Sabo about that, but something in his gut told him to avoid that at all costs. This was all so stupid.

After spending almost two weeks thinking over the shit that Kid had said, Law had come to the conclusion that his feelings towards Luffy were more than platonic now. Law knew that he was interested in guys years ago, so that wasn't what bothered him now. Law had no idea what it was that kept him from knowing exactly how he felt when it came to Luffy.

In high school it was easy. Law knew when he was interested in someone right away but this was a shit show Law couldn't even begin to figure out. And it really felt like only he couldn't figure it out.

Lami, Luffy Kid, Bonney, hell, even Shachi and Penguin knew something was there between Law and Luffy well before Law did. Law had never felt quite so slow in his life. And he was supposed to top-of-his-class kind of smart. Law rolled his eyes at his own train of thought and checked the time. Honestly, he didn't know if his feelings were coming from what everyone was telling him he should feel or not anymore.

Still, three minutes left.

Law dared to let himself imagine a relationship with Luffy again. How his brothers would react to something like that. They were so protective of Luffy, but Law was someone they trusted. Despite how close he was with Ace and Sabo, he wasn't quite sure how they would react to that...

Then there was the possibility that things between him and Luffy would go bad. And if that were the case, Ace and Sabo would be on Luffy's side in an instant. And that meant Law wouldn't ever be as close with them as he was now, ever again. Was his friendship with Ace and Sabo worth risking over the potential of a relationship?