Chapter Fifty: Baby Sitting and "Old" Friends

Law's phone was ringing, interrupting whatever the hell Shachi had been talking about. Law stopped paying attention at the mention of the damned glow cloud thing. Law leaned over Penguin and his pile of papers to get his phone. They were going over another part of the script for the podcast. For whatever reason, they had decided to do it at Law's place. Despite the fact that Lami and Law were still unpacking things and their apartment was kind of a mess.

"Hey, Ace," Law answered, he leaned back, using his free hand to prop himself up since he was sitting on the floor next to Penguin.

There was screaming and shouting in the background followed by a slamming door. "Holy shit! Teach, chill the fuck out!"

"Uh, everything good?" Law asked. The question caught both Shachi's and Penguin's attention. Though they didn't say anything to Law.

"I fight broke out at the shop, do you think you could come get Tama?" Ace asked. Who the hell gets into a fight at a tattoo shop? Whatever the case, if Marco didn't want Tama there it must have been serious. Tama wasn't a nervous little kid that cried every time there was someone shouting.

"Shit," Law muttered, glancing at Penguin and Shachi. "Yeah, I'll get her, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, the shop is a little messed up and now Marco's gotta deal with a police report," Ace sighed over the phone. "And Marco's pissed because Tama got caught in the middle of it."

"Is she okay?" Law asked.

"Yeah, she's fine, she was drawing under one of the chairs that they knocked over in the fight and Marco looked ready to kill Thatch and Teach."

"Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes. I can have Peng or Shachi take me."

"Thanks," Ace said.

"No problem." Law hung up the phone and got to his feet.

"Are you abandoning us for Ace and Sabo?" Penguin accused with feigned offense.

"No," Law said with a small scoff and a roll of the eyes. "Something happened at the tattoo shop Ace works at and one of his coworkers needs someone to watch their kid."

"We're babysitting!?" Shachi asked with a grin.

"As long as one of you gives me a ride to go get her, otherwise I'm taking her to Ace and Sabo's place."

"Deal!" Shachi and Penguin cheered.

"Lami!" Law called while he sought out his house key while Shachi and Penguin got ready to go.

"I heard, go away," Lami called back. Good enough for Law. The three piled into the car and headed for the tattoo shop. When they got there, Shachi pulled into a parking spot, he and Penguin waited in the car while Law went inside.

When Ace said the shop was a mess, he wasn't joking. One of the chairs was on its side and there was a big guy sitting in the corner that Law had never met before. From the looks of it, he was involved in the fight. Then there was Thatch, who had definitely been involved.

"Law!" Marco sighed with relief. "Thanks for watching Tama."

"Don't worry about it," Law assured. He really didn't mind watching Tama, from what he saw of Ace babysitting her, he didn't even really have to watch her. She was plenty independent. Law just had to make sure she didn't hurt herself or break anything.

"Where is she anyway?" Law didn't see her anywhere in the shop.

"Hey, Ikkaku!" Marco called. Law's eyes widened and he clenched his teeth. He had forgotten Ace had talked about Marco hiring her. Law didn't remember Ace saying anything about her starting here anyway. Maybe he did tell Law but Law was to busy thinking about Luffy to pay attention.