Chapter Forty-Seven: Flood Gates

Video Transcript: Exploring the Devil's Gate!!!

[Usopp and Luffy are walking down a neighborhood road just at the start of sunset. There are cars parked on the side of the road behind them and blurry houses. Usopp is holding the camera, aimed at him and Luffy.]

Luffy [smiling]: HEY GUYS!! It's Usopp and Luffy!

Usopp: So today Luffy found a place he said is super cool but has told me nothing about, not even the name. So Luffy, where are we going?

Luffy: Franky told me about this place that has all kinds of cool graffiti to check out and we gotta hike down to it! He said there's a suuupperr cool echo there too that makes our voices all distorted.

Usopp: W—what's this place called Luffy?

Luffy: Uh... [Luffy taps his chin trying to remember.] Oh! Franky called it Devil's Gate.

Usopp: WHY DO YOU ALWAYS PICK PLACES THAT BELONG TO SATAN!?!?!

Luffy [with a big smile]: It sounds so cool, doesn't it?

Usopp: That's it, I've needed to tell you this Luffy! I have can't-go-to-places-that-belong-to-the-devil Disease.

Luffy [laughing]: This will cure you then! C'mon! I've got my phone GPS thing leading the way! [Luffy marched off-screen and ahead of Usopp.] Franky said it was haunted too.

[Camera zooms in on Usopp's face.]

Usopp: Wh....what?

Luffy [off-screen]: Onward! This is gunna make a great video!

Usopp [turns the camera to Luffy.]: W—wait! At least tell the camera why it's called Devil's Gate!

Luffy [looks over his shoulder]: Oh.... [Luffy turns and starts walking backward with his hands behind his head.] I think Franky said it was like a gate that released extra water or something.

Usopp [off-screen]: YOU'RE TAKING ME TO A FLOOD GATE!?

Luffy [with an innocent smile]: Shishishi! Yep!

[Cut scene. Usopp is holding the camera, pointed at Luffy. Luffy is in front of a sign that reads:

LOS ANGELES COUNTY

FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT

DEVIL'S GATE

DAM]

Luffy[looks at his phone]: I think it's just that way!

Usopp [off-screen]: It's not too late to turn back, you know...

Luffy: Yes it is! Let's go!

[Montage of Luffy and Usopp walking down a dirt path, and along a fence, there are NO TRESPASSING signs posted on the fence as they walk by.]

Usopp [camera zooms in on a tunnel along their path]: Is that it?

Luffy [off-screen]: No! you can see through that tunnel! And it's tiny.

Usopp [off-screen]: It's still not too late to turn back!

Luffy [Usopp turns the camera onto Luffy]: Let's go!

Cut scene. [Luffy is standing next to a fence that is on the edge of a hillside.]

Luffy: I see the stairs to get there! We gotta get through here.