Chapter Thirty-Six: Late Nights and Vinsmokes

A/N: Hey ya'll I just want to let you guys know I'll be taking a break next week, ive been pretty stressed over school and family stuff so i just need a little time 

"Luffy, did you finish cleaning up?" Ace asked before Luffy could sit down to join them. Ace, Sabo, Law, Koala, Marco, and Tama were all in the living room watching The Walking Dead. 

"Yep!" 

"Wiped down all the counters and the table?" Ace asked. 

"Yep!" 

"All the dishes put away?" Sabo asked. 

"They're still drying!" Luffy protested. 

"And you know where the towels are," Sabo said. Luffy made his way back to the kitchen, muttering under his breath. Luffy had to do everything but the dishes. And that was only because of his cast. That didn't save him from having to put them away though. 

Luffy finished that up just as the episode was ending. 

"Oh shit, oh shit!" Ace sat jolted upright as the screen went black. 

"Shh!" Tama hissed. "Play the next episode!" 

"Where's the remote?" Ace searched the couch around him the blanket in his lap didn't make it any easier to find the remote. Luffy walked around the couch and plopped onto the floor between the couch and the coffee table, next to Tama, who was leaning against Ace's legs. 

"You missed it Luffy!" Tama exclaimed, pushing herself up on Luffy's knee. "Rick ripped a guys throat out—with. His. Teeth!" Tama's grin was huge. 

"Awe, that's my favorite part!" Luffy pouted just a little. 

"Law, move your fatass," Ace huffed. Law lifted his leg, the remote had found its way between the cushions. Law settled back into his seat and his foot came down on Luffy's hand. 

"Ah! Torao!" Luffy gasped at the sudden pain and yanked his hand out from under Law's foot. 

"Sorry, Lu," Law muttered. His attention was on the TV though, Ace had started the next episode. Luffy leaned back against the couch between Ace and Law's legs. 

"Law, protect this with your life," Ace said, passing the remote to Law. Law leaned forward, setting the remote on the coffee table. Law smelt like old dusty books. Luffy held his breath and tried to act like Law being that close to him wasn't making him so nervous. Luffy couldn't even pay attention to the show. Law leaned back Luffy could only think about how Law's knee was touching Luffy's shoulder. Luffy pulled his knees up to his chest and stared at the TV. 

Luffy didn't really pay attention to the episode though. Instead, he just tried not to look over his shoulder at Law. He didn't need to get caught staring at him. Though Law was certainly worth staring at. 

"Lu," Ace said. 

"I put the dishes away!" Luffy jumped, snapping out of his train of thought. "I promise!" 

"Dude, I was just gunna ask if you wanted popcorn," Ace said, holding the big bowl out for Luffy. 

"Oh." Luffy took the bowl from Ace. 

"Sh!" Tama grumbled holding her finger to her lips and glaring at Luffy and Ace. Luffy took a handful of popcorn and shoved as much as would fit in his mouth and looked up at the TV. They watched a few more episodes, with everyone. Luffy got bored fast. This season of The Walking Dead really dragged, at least until the end of the season when stuff started blowing up. 

Luffy started dozing off through the drawn-out episodes, Tama too. She leaned against Ace's leg and stole some of the blanket that Ace had in his lap. Luffy started leaning against Law's leg, his head falling onto Law's knee.